ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Organize your desktop icons with Stardock Fence

(1/2) > >>

sri:
This is one of the best programs I have found out in the recent times! :Thmbsup:

http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/index.asp

Fences is a one-of-a-kind program, allowing you to draw labeled shaded areas on your desktop, which become movable & resizable containers for your desktop icons. These groups can help bring organization and consistency to your computer's desktop, solving the "constant mess" problem that has plagued the desktop since its inception.
--- End quote ---

via CyberNet

justice:
Yes I like it too, double click desktop to hide all icons, lining up of icons is very good. Although I not sure if I can automatic populate incoming shortcuts in the containers somehow?

sri:
My guess is that they will provide that in a paid pro version.

nite_monkey:
wow, I just installed Fence, and I love it already! I use my desktop as my workspace, so this is good for organizing my big mess

Shades:
Thanks sri, for pointing to a (near) excellent piece of software!

However, on my installation explorer.exe crashes the moment I resize any of the on-screen fences. Also, changing the ordering of icons in a fence of two 'columns' wide with 5 'rows' goes...how shall I say it: unexpectedly?
Besides these points (for me) this is software that should have been part of the Windows system (years ago, actually...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version