ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor use problems

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
ok well with this new info, let me see if i cant figure out the cause.

Phil White:
Hi,

After a bit of testing, I can repeatably produce the error by selecting ... Capture - Grab selected region and then DOUBLE clicking on the top left corner of the region I want. This possibly gives rise to an untrapped divide by zero condition when scaling.

This is consistent with my saying I thought it happened when I changed my mind... I probably clicked on the same spot a second time.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Phil White

mouser:
working now on some long-overdue fixes to region capture (escape to cancel, full desktop selection not just current monitor) and will try to find this error as well.

mouser:
Can you guys (and anyone else who wants to check out the new region capture features), try:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/downloads/beta/ScreenshotCaptorSetup.exe

v2.47.01 BETA - February 15th, 2009

* Attempting to make all region and object capture modes work better on multimonitor setups; no need to activate from desired monitor.
* Adding ability to abort region captures with escape key.
* Trying to skip the cleared screen message which used to show on saving image.
* [Bugfix] Trying to eliminate floating point error some were seeing on region capture.
* [Bugfix] Main form could stay hidden even when there was a pending overwrite/cancel/save dialog trying to be shown.

Phil White:
Thanks for the update

Everything appears to be working properly on a three monitor setup. This means that I no longer have to use the work-around of moving the ScreenCaptor window to the monitor on which I wanted to do the captures. Way better!

The bugfix worked for me in that I couldn't reproduce the error by double clicking as before.  As I was only getting the error intermittently, I will keep checking as I do more captures over the next week or so.

I notice that double clicking now closes ScreenCaptor. I personally would like to see the ScreenCaptor window re-opened as the double click is obviously a mistake and you usually want to do another capture.

Cheers
Phil White

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version