ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor use problems

(1/4) > >>

klk:
Hi
I posted my problem yesterday 2/11/09, but now I can't find my post. So, I am repeating my problem. I installed V2.44.01 and I am now getting frequently an error box saying 'Invalid floating point operation'. Sometimes this error message starts to berserk and repeat itself all over my PC screen, till I stop it using Task Manager. The icon in the system Tray shows red in the screen area.

I never had such problems with any of the earlier versions of Screenshot Captor.

klk

mouser:
Does the error occur after you perform some particular action? or on startup?

It sounds like perhaps one of your options may be set strangely somehow.

Can I suggest you try this:

* Exit ScreenshotCaptor from tray if it is running
* Move the ScreenshotCaptor.ini file in the Screenshot Captor program directory someplace safe for backup
* Restart ScreenshotCaptor -- when it finds the option file missing it will recreate it with default settings.
See if that fixes the problem.  If so -- could you send me the bad options file you moved so i can see if i can reproduce the problem?

klk:
Does the error occur after you perform some particular action? or on startup?

It sounds like perhaps one of your options may be set strangely somehow.

Can I suggest you try this:

* Exit ScreenshotCaptor from tray if it is running
* Move the ScreenshotCaptor.ini file in the Screenshot Captor program directory someplace safe for backup
* Restart ScreenshotCaptor -- when it finds the option file missing it will recreate it with default settings.
See if that fixes the problem.  If so -- could you send me the bad options file you moved so i can see if i can reproduce the problem?
-mouser (February 12, 2009, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi
I uninstalled it and reinstalled..but the problem persists. I moved the ini file out and did what you said. The only preferences i set are copy to clipboard, start minimized and show main form. The problem appeared(Invalid floating point operation). I repeated your instructions with the ini file again. This time I only set the one option...show main form. And the same problem appears. If I understand it right, this option opens up the application, instead of the default choice dialog box.
I'm running WinXP Pro with Sp3.
klk

mouser:
When does the error appear -- on program startup or when you try to capture, or when?

klk:
When does the error appear -- on program startup or when you try to capture, or when?
-mouser (February 12, 2009, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I do SHift PrScr and try to do screen capture

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version