ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

single sata drive install xp first and then vista but have to change bios

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
topcattroy: ALDI has some OK offers every now and then... I wouldn't buy myself, but it's usually decent stuff when you take the price into account.

No, you can't use the F6 without a floppy drive, but using nLite (or a bunch of manual work), you can integrate the drivers (and service packs and hotfixes and tweaks and...) with the normal Windows XP install CD and burn your own copy, and that should fix the problem. And you can make the install unattended, that rocks a lot :)

topcattroy:
here is my dxdiag info
gona try the reg fix

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/12/2009, 08:37:51
       Machine name: TROY-PC
   Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
       System Model: MS-7501
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
             Memory: 2814MB RAM
          Page File: 747MB used, 5090MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

thanks f0dder for the quick response ill try nlite to

topcattroy:
Hey f0dder does this mean i would have to reinstall everything. and can i make the cd in vista to burn and then install.
I mean to say use nlite in vista with my xp install cd and then burn all of it with the fixes to a new xp install cd.
thanks

bgd77:
Be careful when editing the registry. It is very possible that you will have to change the configuration file, taking in consideration the motherboard/chipset with which your computer came.

I see that you have an AMD processor, so the reg hack probably won't work as it is described on that page, as it refers to Intel chipsets.

Better do what f0dder suggested, or search the internet on how to do it for your motherboard.

topcattroy:
tried to use nlite but after it read my install cd it comes up with error .net framework and closes the program.
I am doing with vista running and not xp.
Gonna try that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version