ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PDF creation command line tool -- Does one exist?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
I have a program that will spit out a tiff, and I want to use some kind of command line tool to quickly take the tiff and convert it to a pdf.  I need it to be command line because I want another program to use it as a parameter as part of a batch process.  Does something like this exist?

AndyM:
I just googled

command line pdf maker

looks like there are a few there

tomos:
http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
    * Merge PDF Documents
    * Split PDF Pages into a New Document
    * Decrypt Input as Necessary (Password Required)
    * Encrypt Output as Desired
    * Fill PDF Forms with FDF Data and/or Flatten Forms
    * Apply a Background Watermark
    * Report on PDF Metrics such as Metadata, Bookmarks, and Page Labels
    * Update PDF Metadata
    * Attach Files to PDF Pages or the PDF Document
    * Unpack PDF Attachments
    * Burst a PDF Document into Single Pages
    * Uncompress and Re-Compress Page Streams
    * Repair Corrupted PDF (Where Possible)
pdftk
I have it with a GUI but it is a command line tool (cant remember does it come with GUI)
recommended by various people here

superboyac:
Nice, very cool.  Thanks.  I'll check it out.

I'm also looking into if pdfcreator has any command line options.  That's also freeware, and a very good free pdf creator.

lanux128:
you can also try tiff2pdf, which is part of LibTIFF tools.

tiff2pdf opens a TIFF image and writes a PDF document to standard output.

The program converts one TIFF file to one PDF file, including multiple page TIFF files, tiled TIFF files, black and white. grayscale, and color TIFF files that contain data of TIFF photometric interpretations of bilevel, grayscale, RGB, YCbCr, CMYK separation, and ICC L*a*b* as supported by libtiff and PDF.

If you have multiple TIFF files to convert into one PDF file then use tiffcp or other program to concatenate the files into a multiple page TIFF file. If the input TIFF file is of huge dimensions (greater than 10000 pixels height or width) convert the input image to a tiled TIFF if it is not already.

The standard output is standard output. Set the output file name with the −o output.pdf option.
--- End quote ---

• http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version