topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 8:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA- Roll Back WMP11 in Vista  (Read 5055 times)

catbait

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA- Roll Back WMP11 in Vista
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:09 PM »
  I have been researching this a lot and have not seen a good answer.  WMP 11 is forced into Vista and does not allow access to fix, or roll back etc.  However, it seems to also conflict with a lot of Phones and Music Players that also have Mass Storage Capability.  I found a lot of posts concerning Nokia phones, Sansa, and Creative Music players where the USB recognizes the device, but fails to recognize the MTP driver, although it says it is installed correctly.  This is a Vista and an XP WMP11 issue that MSoft refuses to acknowledge and allow a Vista rollback to WMP10.  Would appreciate any kind of coding that fools Vista and allows rolling back to WMP10.

this-is-me

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA- Roll Back WMP11 in Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Dude, I have to say going back to WMP10 is a stupid idea, and this was a badly planned request. Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but I am surprised that you are unable to see this for yourself. WMP11 was not "forced into" Vista, it is an integral part of the new operating system. Since it is not an update that was added to Vista after manufacture, it was not forced into it, it was simply a piece of the system as Internet Explorer 7 is a part of Vista. Also, you seem to be unable "research" in as simple a way as going to google and searching for it. When I type "windows media player 10 vista" (without quotes) into google the third option gives instructions how to do exactly what you want. Link [here]. This is only one link among many others that tell how to do this. Besides all of this, there are two other points. (1) It's not "MSoft's" fault that the manufacturer of your player is not providing updates to make your player compatible with new technology, so there is no need for them to acknowledge a problem that is not theirs. If you have a problem, you should complain about the player manufacturer, not Microsoft. (2) Many of the problems that you are experiencing are simple issues that are easily repaired by doing Windows Updates and updates to the firmware of your device. Even the manufacturers suggest this.

Please take some time in the future to check your request before asking someone to make you a custom program to do something that appears to be readily available elsewhere.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA- Roll Back WMP11 in Vista
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:57 PM »
@this-is-me:

It was nice of you to point out a solution to the problem, thank you for taking the time to do that!
It's always nice when one participant helps out another.

Your other comments did sound a trifle harsh as you, yourself, pointed out.
Sometimes some of us aren't as clever as others at searching out solutions.