ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Crazy brits crossing railroads

<< < (4/5) > >>

Deozaan:
The guy who lost his shoe was crossing the rails more casually than I usually cross the street!

steeladept:
I know one girl who died from something like this.  Except in her case there was two trains and no guard rails.  She was waiting on her bicicle for the train to pass and when it finished she started to cross.  Just then a second train came the other way on the other tracks, shielded from her view by the train she waited for.  Needless to say it was not open casket...

With thoughts like this, it amazes me that people just casually and intentionally ignore the safety signs available like that!

nudone:
interview with the man in the video and reason for crossing the barriers "i was late for work".

here's the article at the mail on sunday site: http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/mailonsunday/article-1145625/I-late-work-Level-crossing-jumper-shoes-sliced-66mph-train-tells-shocking-tale-video.html

Lashiec:
Wow, my assumption was right. Still, I don't understand his explanation:

I didn't really look because normally when you wait for the trains to come past, they wouldn't come for two or three minutes, so I thought I had my chance to get across.

--- End quote ---

For the looks of it, the railways goes straight, and unless there was a serious curve a bit before the barriers, you can clearly see the train coming if you look at the right.

nudone:
that is part of the problem. on the video it appears that he doesn't bother to look right until he's on the lines with the train a few feet away.

ps.

here's the avira warning i get when visiting the page that the video is on...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version