Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 01, 2014, 07:17:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Would online browsable help files for the apps be useful?  (Read 7949 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 16, 2005, 03:07:46 AM »

I'm wondering how valuable people think it would be to make the help files for my programs browsable online?
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 04:01:33 PM »

hello mouser,

would this be instead of providing 'help' with the installed programs or as a compliment - just wondering why you would have both, unless the online version offers something exta?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 04:20:08 PM »

i should have been clearer-

the only thing i was talking about was making it possible for visitors to the web site to be able to browse the help files online *without* ever installing the program.  so it would just be a way for people to glance through the manual without having to actually install the program.
for people who already have it installed it would be of no value, you'd always have the normal help files in the program when you install it.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:42:10 AM »

if you think it's going to encourage a new user to try the software out then it sounds like a good idea.

it can't do any harm.
Ozzy1
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 02:39:09 PM »

It's always usefull.
When I suggest programs for other people I try to direc them to the "faq" or help files of the program.
I guess we are all lazy, downloading, packing up, installing, trying.. What a drag...  embarassed
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 02:50:35 PM »

i've added it for find&run robot and i will add the online help for the other programs as i update them; another advantage is it gives you a way to see the program history changelog.
Ozzy1
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 05:33:53 AM »

How is the language-settings doing?
Are you moving towards multilangual, or has it low priority?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 04:28:39 AM »

I would definitely like to do multilingual versions, and i spent some time looking at software to aid multilingual design, its just not as high priority at the moment as fixing the lingering bugs..

but i haven't forgotten and i will definitely like to take you guys up on your offers to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.14 ]