ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

launcher tool

<< < (2/2)

nudone:
yep, all the drag and drop features work with the windows quick launch bar.

on the point of nested menus - this can be done with the standard windows tray also.

it probably isn't that widely known but you can create your own little quick launch nested menu type helper thingy just by making a folder with some shortcuts dropped into it. all you need do then, is create a new toolbar to this folder (right click on the taskbar > toolbars > new toolbar) and then position it wherever you want.

if you place folders within this first folder and shortcuts within these secondary folders you can create your system of menus that will appear in the toolbar that relates to it.

note: this won't work as a floating toolbar - it needs to be part of the main windows tray bar. if you position it so that only the title to this bar is visible, all icons within it are forced into a menu structure that can be accessed through the little >> symbol.

(hope that made some kind of sense.)

tenseiken:
Quickrun... that's a blast from the past for me.  I used that until windows' toolbar features were up to par, and then  I basically did exactly what nudone mentioned--using the little >> to make my menu.  I still use the same directory for my GeoShell MenuLaunch plugin that I used for my old windows bar.  In fact, the text on it says 'Apps>>' just as it always did.

Well, that was completely off-topic.   :)

Ozzy1:
This has been done so many times...
Even Microsoft gave it a shot with Quickstart ;)

I've never been a "Quickstart" kind of guy, I rather use a couple of minutes everytime I install something changing the Start-program-bar so that the newly installed program gets in the right place and delete all the other icons installed (like how to's, faq, links, and such...)

Start-bar can actually be your Quickstarter if you keep it clean..  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version