ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

* to bulleted list

(1/1)

justice:
I like this forum software but I really hate how hard it is to create bulleted lists (i'm a fan of them).

Would it be possible to write a mod (I got some credits left for this) that converts text in the format of:

* item one
  * item two
  ** subitem two-a

into a list like

* item one
* item two
* subitem two-a
Or is there a quick way to mark up lists? As a bonus converting # item 1 to ordered lists (1. item 1)

edit: dunno how you create a subitem in bbcode

cranioscopical:

* a
* a1
* a2
* a3
* b
* c
I'm pretty sure I've missed the point (as usual) but I get the above by using what's below.
And I get what's below with a click or two on this guy...

[list]
[li]a[/li][/list]
[list]
[li][list][li]a1[/li][/list][/li]
[li][list][li]a2[/li][/list][/li]
[li][list][li]a3[/li][/list][/li]
[/list]
[list][li]b[/li]
[li]c[/li]
[/list]

justice:
two issues here I'm trying to address:

1) make it look like this:

2) when you created a list and add more items to it you have to copy and paste the [li][/li] multiple times or create another list and remove the [list][/list] tags. HASSLE! it would be much easier if you could create a textbased list like my first example and convert it into proper html/bbcode listing like markdown.

3) maybe I'm just a bit dim, because I noticed as long as I put each item on a new line and only press the button at the very end it creats a bulleted list (but its harder to read when building the list)

housetier:
I would love to have easier bullet listing! On my website I use textile which does that and a lot more...

However, I have no idea how to make it work with SMF and BBCode

justice:
Yes like textile or markdown. Had a search but can't find any mods or info related to this though so probably requires too much effort :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version