ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox getting forgetful

(1/2) > >>

Fred Nerd:
Hi,
I've used Firefox 3 for a long time,  but recently I noticed it hasn't saved any history, and visited links are not coloured as such and the address bar doesn't have any recently visited sites.

I have AdBlockPlus, Flashblock and a couple of other minor add-ons (Foxytunes, forecast fox)

Any idea what is causing it? I could try turning one or the other off, but I think just disabling them doesn't help, and I like them too much to uninstall.

I have checked settings and its set to remember history for 90 days.

thanks

nosh:
It could be another (privacy) app cleaning things up.

Fred Nerd:
I don't have any privacy apps (don't think so) I wear a tin hat and let the computer fend for itself. Maybe its the wrong way to do things, but that sounds like me...... :)

Lashiec:
Try creating a new profile (Open a "Run..." box and type "firefox -profilemanager"), and see if the problem persists with a clean profile. It's probably due to the corruption of your Places database (where Firefox stores navigation history and bookmarks).

f0dder:
Check tools->options, "privacy" tab. You should have the "remember my history" checked, otherwise it'll be forgetful :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version