ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (828/1232) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I think you probably meant "...I can't really...".-IainB (January 18, 2015, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct, and the extended discussion while it could be interesting...simply doesn't belong in this thread.

Shades:
Looks more like a puppy that got a spoonful of peanut butter.  :P

And that is as much enjoyment for yourself and the dog. At least, I haven't met one dog being upset by this. 

Giampy:

(image is partially wrong though)

Renegade:
@AFewPeople :)

I think you guys missed Iain's dry humour there. I got a chuckle out of it.

IainB:
^^ As one of my friends (a teacher) said when I asked him how he enjoyed stimulating the minds of his students, "Some days you try, some days you sigh."

We all have different paradigms - e.g., I only belatedly got @crabby3's rather clever photo joke about the cat's headstone.

That's one of the reasons I rarely - if ever - criticise other peoples' jokes. That is, it could quite well be that I am missing the point of their joke entirely - and anyway, who am I to criticise? I usually find it a useful habit of mind to try and open up my mind a tad to the possible ways in which something that doesn't look/seem funny to me at first glance could perhaps be deemed to be funny from a different perspective, and then I might get the joke after all, maybe as a kind of pleasant surprise, instead of it going right over my head and being lost on me altogether.

Of course, one doesn't necessarily have to approve of a joke just because one might thus be able to understand what could be perceived - by some people - as being funny about it, but then, that goes back to the need to criticise and whether one feels the world must operate according to one's paradigms. For example, there is probably good reason to suppose that the Charlie Hebdo killers would not have seen, allowed, nor accepted that there was any humour whatsoever in the cartoons depicting Mohammed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version