ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (781/1232) > >>

IainB:
... what's the point or reason behind changing the Topic Title in a reply?  I don't get it...  :huh:
-crabby3 (December 07, 2014, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Because I can, I suppose, but generally as an attempt to give the joke (or post) a more easily identifiable and meaningful/relevant subject line - e.g., (say) other than "Re: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]". I mean, how dreary is that?    :tellme:
Plus, look at what I just did for this subject. The subject line can be made humorous too - no?

...Oh, and that's a grammar error that gives me the same physical reaction as nails on a blackboard!  :o
-app103 (December 07, 2014, 05:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, absolutely, and given that it was in a supposed "teaching" context on that website, it seemed doubly scratchy/cringeworthy to me.
Amusingly, I happened to be searching up "poetic devices" with my 13 y/o daughter, helping her in her Eng. Lit. homework (she was writing some poetry), when that particular, starkly incongruous and self-defeating statement on that website hit me between the eyes.

...Hmm, if it were 9 one inch nails I wonder if music would be produced?
-MilesAhead (December 07, 2014, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Har-de-har-har, a very punny point you drive home there, @MilesAhead.   ;D

40hz:
This is a fun one from Stevie Riks.

A respectful - yet refreshingly light-hearted version of one of the most popular (to say nothing of self-righteous and somewhat condescending) Christmas standards of them all. Hey...Bob Geldof had a hand in writing the song. What can I say?

How many pop stars can you identify? :Thmbsup:

app103:
(there must be a term for it like a la carte but I'm not schooled in Haute cuisine.)
-MilesAhead (December 07, 2014, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

à la tête or dans la tête?

MilesAhead:
This is a fun one from Stevie Riks.

A respectful - yet refreshingly light-hearted version of one of the most popular (to say nothing of self-righteous and somewhat condescending) Christmas standards of them all. Hey...Bob Geldof had a hand in writing the song. What can I say?

How many pop stars can you identify? :Thmbsup:
-40hz (December 07, 2014, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it just me or are posts missing links lately?  (Not talking Darwin but web links.)  :)

40hz:
Is it just me or are posts missing links lately?
-MilesAhead (December 07, 2014, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't say I've noticed that. :huh:

Anybody else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version