ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (710/1232) > >>

Arizona Hot:

Paper Airplane Flies 82 Miles

TaoPhoenix:
An English professor tries what should have been a fun writing exercise with his class, this is the result:

http://themetapicture.com/men-from-mars/

-app103 (September 23, 2014, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was excellent!  :Thmbsup:
-Renegade (September 23, 2014, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

It could still be a "fun" exercise, of a different (and meaner) kind of fun, from Gary. In ye innocent olde English class days, people were a bit more likely to say what they actually meant. Now, there's a real chance that Gary was trolling!

(Intones in faux business commercial tones) "In today's internet world, you can never be sure what anyone is saying anymore. Was Rebecca being trolled? But it got an A+. But would we all be happier if they dutifully followed along like the mindless lemmings the archaic school system (sometimes) tries to make us, and then they got a nice, safe, B? You decide."

8)

TaoPhoenix:
(see attachment in previous post)
-Arizona Hot (September 24, 2014, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd consider this more "interesting stuff" - it's perfect "small science" that doesn't take mega-millions and lead to infighting paper publishing squabbles. I dunno what the cost of the tech was, but it can't have been "all that much" in the grand scheme of things. But I bet there's a few useful nuggets of data hidden by the "oh look this is cute" style report.

Just off the top of my head, I can imagine useful weather pattern data, component reliability over unmanned and unclear mission parameters, and so on.
Plus they prob got a ton of awesome pics, and if they make them public domain like most government stuff, that could be useful to artists of various types as material.

Arizona Hot:
(see attachment in previous post)
-Arizona Hot (September 24, 2014, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd consider this more "interesting stuff" - it's perfect "small science" that doesn't take mega-millions and lead to infighting paper publishing squabbles. I dunno what the cost of the tech was, but it can't have been "all that much" in the grand scheme of things. But I bet there's a few useful nuggets of data hidden by the "oh look this is cute" style report.

Just off the top of my head, I can imagine useful weather pattern data, component reliability over unmanned and unclear mission parameters, and so on.
Plus they prob got a ton of awesome pics, and if they make them public domain like most government stuff, that could be useful to artists of various types as material.

-TaoPhoenix (September 24, 2014, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

-TaoPhoenix (September 24, 2014, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but the page as it is is rather light, so I put it here.

Renegade:
THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!!!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201409240829.html

Liberia: Dead Ebola Patients Resurrect?

Two Ebola patients, who died of the virus in separate communities in Nimba County have reportedly resurrected in the county. The victims, both females, believed to be in their 60s and 40s respectively, died of the Ebola virus recently in Hope Village Community and the Catholic Community in Ganta, Nimba.

But to the amazement of residents and onlookers on Monday, the deceased reportedly regained life in total disbelief. The NewDawn Nimba County correspondent said the late Dorris Quoi of Hope Village Community and the second victim only identified as Ma Kebeh, said to be in her late 60s, were about to be taken for burial when they resurrected.

Ma Kebeh had reportedly been in door for two nights without food and medication before her alleged death. Nimba County has had bazaar news of Ebola cases with a native doctor from the county, who claimed that he could cure infected victims, dying of the virus himself last week.

News of the resurrection of the two victims has reportedly created panic in residents of Hope Village Community and Ganta at large, with some citizens describing Dorris Quoi as a ghost, who shouldn't live among them. Since the Ebola outbreak in Nimba County, this is the first incident of dead victims resurrecting.

--- End quote ---

Flesh eating virus? Makes you look like a zombie? People die? Come back from the dead?

THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!!!

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version