ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (668/1232) > >>

Renegade:
NEVER interrupt a programmer:
from http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-center/no-interruptions-technologist-work-247487
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Edvard (August 05, 2014, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ THIS!!!

Yes. It is like that. Exactly!

All programmers are acutely aware of the butterfly effect.

Edvard:
And it's not just programming... I get in that 'zone' when I'm laying out a document in Publisher, doing some fine-tuning on my guitar designs in CAD, tracking down why the last update to my Debian system borked half my packages... Man, do I ever know the pain of the last panel in that comic.

Also, from the comments on the imgur page:
That guy is singing/whistling as he goes. He knew what he did. He knew. That bastard!
--- End quote ---
>:( ;D

Stoic Joker:
Man, do I ever know the pain of the last panel in that comic.-Edvard (August 06, 2014, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - I just had a poorly timed interruption cost me 2 hours of putting Humpty-Dumpty's ass back together last week.

40hz:
Man, do I ever know the pain of the last panel in that comic.-Edvard (August 06, 2014, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - I just had a poorly timed interruption cost me 2 hours of putting Humpty-Dumpty's ass back together last week.
-Stoic Joker (August 06, 2014, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup! Happens to me from time to time. Usually during a server configuration. 15 second interruption for something stupid. One hour plus getting the big picture back in your head. Then another 30 minutes getting fully back into the zone...

40hz:

Makes you wonder...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version