topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]  (Read 3671537 times)

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]
« Reply #2575 on: January 31, 2014, 02:02 PM »
Well, that's the thing about food (as with many other opinion related stuff)- it's all relative to the eater.  I like sushi, so...
* wraith808 shrugs

You know what opinions are like, Wraith808, no disrespect intended toward you or any other sushi eaters out there.
I've had calamari once or twice but it was steamed.  Not sushi but as close as I have gotten.
The thought of eating raw fish stops me... not what it might taste like.  An acquired taste or thought, I guess, like black coffee or beer.

Back in 2005 I found out how raw potatoes taste.  Long story short:  Wilma  Wait... that's too short.

Hurricane Wilma > 3-week power outage > no canned food for miles around > grocery stores wiped clean or closed > raw potatoes w/ salt  :-\

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2576 on: January 31, 2014, 02:49 PM »
I feel used.   :(   There's another David Thorne scenario on page 1 of this very thread.  Reply #1.   >:(

Apparently this jerk likes seeing his own crap published.  Sounds familiar... some how.   :huh:

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2577 on: January 31, 2014, 10:08 PM »

I feel used.   :(   There's another David Thorne scenario on page 1 of this very thread.  Reply #1.   >:(

Apparently this jerk likes seeing his own crap published.  Sounds familiar... some how.   :huh:

Nah, don't feel used. *We're* the ones publishing it here!

And the Spider one *is* the viral one. It's this new one that's more rare.

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2578 on: February 01, 2014, 07:40 AM »

Yes, this is the silly humor thread but, I dislike being duped.

Thanks for bringing me back to the reality of DC.  Where some replies are genuine and others are not.  Readers choice.

With this in mind... how can anyone presume they're getting semi-accurate info about anything ... .

Including any *free software* that's offered.  No wonder it's free... you could end up more screwed than you were before.
But hey... it's free... UAYOR... sucker.

Jokers in this thread are going to be jerkers elsewhere.  Guess there's no such thing as Donation Refunds.   ;D

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2579 on: February 01, 2014, 09:12 PM »
Speech therapy:

A very pretty young speech therapist was getting nowhere with her stammer action group - all young men.

She had tried every technique in the book without the slightest success. No one was improving.

Finally, thoroughly exasperated , she said "If any of you can tell me, without stuttering, the name of the town where you were born, I will have wild and passionate s#x with you until your muscles ache and your eyes water, so who wants to go first?"

The Englishman said “b-b-b-b-b-b- Birmingham”.

""That’s no use Trevor," said the speech therapist.

"Who's next ?"

The Scotsman said “p-p-p-p-p- Paisley”.

"That’s no better, there will be no s#x for you I'm afraid Hamish"

"How about you Paddy ?"

The Irishman took a deep breath and eventually blurted out "LONDON"

"Brilliant Paddy! " said the speech therapist and immediately set about living up to her promise.

After 15 minutes of exceptionally steamy s#x the couple paused for breath and Paddy then said, “d-d-d-d-d- Derry”.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2581 on: February 02, 2014, 06:07 PM »
I feel used.   :(   There's another David Thorne scenario on page 1 of this very thread.  Reply #1.   >:(

Apparently this jerk likes seeing his own crap published.  Sounds familiar... some how.   :huh:

Yes, this is the silly humor thread but, I dislike being duped.

Thanks for bringing me back to the reality of DC.  Where some replies are genuine and others are not.  Readers choice.

With this in mind... how can anyone presume they're getting semi-accurate info about anything ... .

Including any *free software* that's offered.  No wonder it's free... you could end up more screwed than you were before.
But hey... it's free... UAYOR... sucker.

Jokers in this thread are going to be jerkers elsewhere.  Guess there's no such thing as Donation Refunds.   ;D

What are you going on about? David Thorne writes humorous articles. They're almost certainly not true, but that doesn't make them any less funny. Mr. Thorne didn't publish his own stuff in this thread or say that those things really happened. Two minutes of research (that was already done for you, if you'd just read the replies in this thread) would tell you so:

It might not really be true at all.
David Thorne and 27b/6 is a known site which produced several of these kinds of "memes".

Notice the date, this one is 1.5 years old.

and

I sort of hope it IS, but even if it isn't, it's still pretty funny.  :D

Here is his main page, but it doesn't look like he has added anything for a year.
http://www.27bslash6.com/

Someone else thought it was funny and posted it here. How does that in any way reflect poorly on Mr. Thorne? How does that reflect poorly on DonationCoder or the software being offered/discussed here? And how does that make you feel used for having been given the opportunity to enjoy the humor posted in a "silly humor" thread?

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2582 on: February 03, 2014, 07:10 AM »
What are you going on about? David Thorne writes humorous articles. They're almost certainly not true, but that doesn't make them any less funny.
Maybe I'm being too critical.  I never thought any of this was true.  And yes... they're funny.

This got me started.  If this had said republished... that would have been the end.  This sentence, as is, implies it was published by someone at DC.

Mr. Thorne didn't publish his own stuff in this thread or say...
This brand of humor doesn't appeal to me so I didn't know there was an actual Mr. Thorne.  I only viewed what the DC thread-link sent me to.

...How does that reflect poorly on DonationCoder or the software being offered/discussed here?
Who really knows how anyone gets their jollies.

And how does that make you feel used...
Guess there's no relyable *jerk filter* on any site.  It's readers choice.

To this day I believe I've/we've been punked here.**  PM's only brought hatred and name-calling towards me.
The powers that be, at DC, don't seem to care or don't want to rock the boat?  So be it.
The suspicious behavior seems to have stopped but this only reinforces my view.

This isn't Facebook... this is DonationCoder.
Where some non-geeks come seeking assistance.  Good or bad it may be a starting point or different perspective they may not have had.

**Possible multiple ID's was the issue and the reason I'm jaded.  Cloned advice sux any way you look at it.   :(

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2583 on: February 03, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Back to our irregularly scheduled Silly Humour...

badjobday.jpg

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2584 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32 AM »
2rws1ae.jpg

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2585 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13 AM »
Thats just wrong!

But so is this...

stonecold.jpg

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2586 on: February 03, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Thats just wrong!

But so is this...
 (see attachment in previous post)

Holy crap man, now that's just wrong by even my standards ... :-\... And I don't have any!  :D

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2587 on: February 03, 2014, 03:42 PM »
What are you going on about? David Thorne writes humorous articles. They're almost certainly not true, but that doesn't make them any less funny.
Maybe I'm being too critical.  I never thought any of this was true.  And yes... they're funny.

This got me started.  If this had said republished... that would have been the end.  This sentence, as is, implies it was published by someone at DC.

Mr. Thorne didn't publish his own stuff in this thread or say...
This brand of humor doesn't appeal to me so I didn't know there was an actual Mr. Thorne.  I only viewed what the DC thread-link sent me to.

...How does that reflect poorly on DonationCoder or the software being offered/discussed here?
Who really knows how anyone gets their jollies.

And how does that make you feel used...
Guess there's no relyable *jerk filter* on any site.  It's readers choice.

To this day I believe I've/we've been punked here.**  PM's only brought hatred and name-calling towards me.
The powers that be, at DC, don't seem to care or don't want to rock the boat?  So be it.
The suspicious behavior seems to have stopped but this only reinforces my view.

This isn't Facebook... this is DonationCoder.
Where some non-geeks come seeking assistance.  Good or bad it may be a starting point or different perspective they may not have had.

**Possible multiple ID's was the issue and the reason I'm jaded.  Cloned advice sux any way you look at it.   :(

(Bleh - I had a nice post started, then a fluke browser crash nuked it! This version is slightly shorter.)

I'm involved, so lemme see if I can help fix this, so then we can get back to things we should be doing, like pestering Mouser.

1. I'm pretty sure you/we are not being "punked". First, to respond to the wording comment, I was trying to reply to your note earlier, and didn't predict this exact reply. So let's say that except for software stuff, very little gets "published" here. "Posted" is the word I'll use today. It's the Humor Thread, specifically designed for people to post stuff they like, with snippets, links, or both. Stuff from David Thorne aka 27b/6 is "medium famous", so there's high chances it will travel to Humor Threads on several boards.

Specially, I want to mention certain boards have their own "pet in house go-to humor". My best example is that Slashdot has a triple-joke that online comic xkcd gets posted in the comments basically every story. It's part of that site's Culture. Randall Munroe, while being a genius, has nothing to do with those reposts. We're far softer here, but a few sites will pop up more than once.

Meanwhile, as for ID's, this isn't like when you see "Info-Blog-Spam". I don't know Oblivion very well, but the fella from Page 1 is Zaine Ridling, a Minor Deity in the software world, and way smarter than I am. (I had to borrow one of his brain cells to pass a question on my tax preparer exam, but then I had to give it back, so then I forgot the answer!)

2. Notice it is a QuickMeme copy of the actual blog comedy entry. Noting in passing this site is in my top two list of sites concerning Copyright analysis, in concept anything that ever appears on any site like "QuickMeme" comes from somewhere else. So the concept is you should go back to the original source. DonationCoder is full of Smart People. I'm the resident idiot but I got lucky on this one. So some of us can usually do this to help.

I agree that "27bslash6" is a pretty obscure name if you don't know it. Let's look at it.
http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html - the "Spider" joke
Whenever you see a joke, always nuke the long address and go back to the "top level".
That gives us http://www.27bslash6.com/
THAT displays "Copyright © David Thorne 2008-2014 All rights reserved."

3. So if you can live with it not being a Dupe, let's look at one of your more disturbing notes.

"Thanks for bringing me back to the reality of DC.  Where some replies are genuine and others are not.  Readers choice.

Including any *free software* that's offered.  No wonder it's free... you could end up more screwed than you were before.
But hey... it's free... sucker.

Jokers in this thread are going to be jerkers elsewhere.  Guess there's no such thing as Donation Refunds. "

Elsewhere you asked about a "Jerk Filter". DC is in my top-2 info sites. They handle "jerks" in different ways. Slashdot has a "mod" filter. People can "Mod Down" the worst of the trolls and "Mod Up" the better responses. There's some bias, and problems, but it sorta works. Here, Mouser moves the more contentious stuff to something called the "Basement".

Next, look at ID's. DC is small enough where you can begin to notice who posts what. The same 50 people account for 75+% of the posts here. So it's not "JohnDoe137" with two posts - it's someone with ____ other posts that prove they're not throwaway accounts.

Now, let's talk about "Free Software". I for one am a bit upset about you/user feeling "suckered". A ton of Free Software is made because we're pissed at people/groups like Microsoft charging $100+ for a Spreadsheet program in MS Office. So minor details aside, the five-ish free/cheaper alternatives are pretty good.

Lots of smaller Free Software gets made just because "Computing is Hard" and you just shouldn't have to pay for *every single line of code* you need. One of the legendary events here is "New Apps for the New Year", where people present little project software for free. No strings. Just because they think someone will like it. Or look at the Coding Snacks. You need a dirt-simple tool, but you can't code - you post it as a snack. Someone bangs it out in 30 lines of code in a couple of days.

Whew!

Does that help?

Yours,

--Tao

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:51 PM by TaoPhoenix »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2588 on: February 03, 2014, 04:01 PM »

From another thread, my reply is much more humor thread oriented:

(From 40hz) "It's the old 'bundle blackmail,' (aka dog-in-the-hayloft) marketing strategy at work here."

Heh damnit you made me look up dogs in haylofts! (Edit: The first page of Startpage Advanced doesn't even tell me!)

So wha' da' hell dozzat mean?

Tell us in vernacular!

:)

ADNY78

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2589 on: February 04, 2014, 09:56 AM »
The marriage as it really is!

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2590 on: February 04, 2014, 10:45 AM »
Thats just wrong!

But so is this...

In response to #2585:

Is Alfred suicidal or is this just very dark humor?
If Alfred survives this, we know who is the power behind the throne there. Of course, Robin will have to go also and there will be a new crimefighter in Gotham City.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:51 AM by Arizona Hot »

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2591 on: February 04, 2014, 12:05 PM »
(Bleh - I had a nice post started, then a fluke browser crash nuked it! This version is slightly shorter.)
Shorter?  Geez.  Sorry to waste your time... twice.

... First, to respond to the wording comment, I was trying to reply to your note earlier, and didn't predict this exact reply.
How could you know what sets people off?  Sadly... once my fuse is lit... there's no puting it out. :(

2. Notice it is a QuickMeme copy of the actual blog comedy entry.
Finally looked up Meme and it means what I thought it meant... though I had to read definition 1a more than once.   ;D

...DonationCoder is full of Smart People.
I agree.

I'm the resident idiot...
Disagree.

I agree that "27bslash6" is a pretty obscure name if you don't know it. Let's look at it.
http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html - the "Spider" joke
One persons obscure is another persons unique.  The original spider is much cuter.   :)

Whenever you see a joke, always nuke the long address and go back to the "top level".
Good advice... I'll try to remember this.

...let's look at one of your more disturbing notes.

"Thanks for bringing me back to the reality of DC.  Where some replies are genuine and others are not.  Readers choice.

Including any *free software* that's offered.  No wonder it's free... you could end up more screwed than you were before.
But hey... it's free... sucker.

Jokers in this thread are going to be jerkers elsewhere.  Guess there's no such thing as Donation Refunds. "

Elsewhere you asked about a "Jerk Filter". DC is in my top-2 info sites. They handle "jerks" in different ways. Slashdot has a "mod" filter. People can "Mod Down" the worst of the trolls and "Mod Up" the better responses. There's some bias, and problems, but it sorta works. Here, Mouser moves the more contentious stuff to something called the "Basement".
As far as the reality of DC...
I PM'd a mod about my persumed clone issue, before I went to the top, but she didn't see how it could be avoided.

DC's Jerk Filter is very effective and quick when it's a spammer.

I like the Basement.

Next, look at ID's. DC is small enough where you can begin to notice who posts what. The same 50 people account for 75+% of the posts here. So it's not "JohnDoe137" with two posts - it's someone with ____ other posts that prove they're not throwaway accounts.
I check ID's. Sometimes bios and there's all types: Informative; grain-of-salt; highly-techno; friendly-techno; wordy; 1-liners; nothing ..

Now, let's talk about "Free Software". I for one am a bit upset about you/user feeling "suckered". A ton of Free Software is made because we're pissed at people/groups like Microsoft charging $100+ for a Spreadsheet program in MS Office. So minor details aside, the five-ish free/cheaper alternatives are pretty good.

Lots of smaller Free Software gets made just because "Computing is Hard" and you just shouldn't have to pay for *every single line of code* you need. One of the legendary events here is "New Apps for the New Year", where people present little project software for free. No strings. Just because they think someone will like it. Or look at the Coding Snacks. You need a dirt-simple tool, but you can't code - you post it as a snack. Someone bangs it out in 30 lines of code in a couple of days.
I agree, Tao, the word "sucker" was a bit harsh.  I don't really feel 'suckered'.  The acronym ending was enough and I don't want my donation back.

The concept of Free Software is great!  I know about NANY's.

Whew!

Does that help?

Yours,

--Tao
Ditto!

Hell yeah it helps.  It'll help me think twice before I quote you again.  ;D  Just kidding.   :P

Best-

c3

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2592 on: February 04, 2014, 12:12 PM »
DC's Jerk Filter is very effective and quick when it's a spammer.

Actually, that's because the members police a lot.  I'm on here a lot, and I report what I can't do anything about.  But I'm nowhere near a mod in general- and feel that my contributions in that case matter.  And there's a set and very cut and dried procedure in place.  As far as sock-puppeting, how do you prove it?

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2593 on: February 04, 2014, 12:30 PM »
As far as sock-puppeting, how do you prove it?

I had/have PM's from my presumed-perp but *the top of the ladder* refused to access them.  Even with my permission to do so.

Re-telling what was said doesn't work because none of the questionable posts were included in the original PM's.  :-\

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2594 on: February 04, 2014, 12:34 PM »

I had/have PM's from my presumed-perp but *the top of the ladder* refused to access them.  Even with my permission to do so.

Re-telling what was said doesn't work because none of the questionable posts were included in the original PM's.  :-\

Even a PM isn't conclusive, and just from my perspective from different altercations that I've had here and elsewhere, IMO private messages should stay just that... private.  Unless it is very above the shade abusive, the PM system is in place for a reason, and to violate that without *both* parties' consent goes outside the lines of what is reasonable.

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2595 on: February 04, 2014, 12:48 PM »

Even a PM isn't conclusive, and just from my perspective from different altercations that I've had here and elsewhere, IMO private messages should stay just that... private.  Unless it is very above the shade abusive, the PM system is in place for a reason, and to violate that without *both* parties' consent goes outside the lines of what is reasonable.

What is 'very above the shade abusive' to you?   :tellme:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2596 on: February 04, 2014, 01:55 PM »
What is 'very above the shade abusive' to you?   :tellme:

RL Stalking/Bullying/something that just ignoring and not engaging wouldn't solve.

An in the interest of silly humor rather than discussion to stay on topic...

billmurray.jpg

chickencrossroad.jpg

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2597 on: February 04, 2014, 07:30 PM »
I like that chicken one. (c: :Thmbsup:

IainB