ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (464/1232) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Going along with all the not-so-funny humor and not-very-credible stories here recently, I provide this piece of Halloween horror.
(that's when they appeared)

'BadBIOS' System-Hopping Malware Appears Unstoppable

Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps  Ars Technica

Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps  netsec

app103:
Going along with all the not-so-funny humor and not-very-credible stories here recently, I provide this piece of Halloween horror.
(that's when they appeared)
 (see attachment in previous post)
'BadBIOS' System-Hopping Malware Appears Unstoppable

Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps  Ars Technica

Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps  netsec
-Arizona Hot (November 01, 2013, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nobody has seen Krishean lately. Maybe he finally succeeded in uploading himself and is busy infecting computers.

Ofc, if he did do that, people wouldn't be afraid as much as they would be amazed...and quite happy, once he fixed all the software bugs and optimized everything to run better, faster.  ;D

<Krishean> and i'm working on getting my consciousness uploaded lol, thats a long term project
<Krishean> i'd probably end up being a virus
<Krishean> except instead of screwing things up i would optimize all the programs on your computer lol
<Krishean> y halo thar code bloat... lets just fix that while i'm passing through
--- End quote ---

mouser:
If you find that funny ... ?
--- End quote ---

Personally I found that holocaust "joke" pretty offensive.

On a thread marked NSFW, I'm hesitant to remove it.

Still, when i see such posts, like the political posts, i just think ah, maybe that's one of the reasons we seem to have less and less new people joining our family here..

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive -- I'm just more and more feeling like we have to do something to improve this place, and seeing posts like this doesn't make me feel good.  Perhaps if I felt like we were a thriving community it would just be a tiny drop in the water.  But I feel like we are treading water and things like this start to feel like we loading up our own pockets with stones.

I should say that ArizonaHot has posted tons of interesting inoffensive posts, so I know know offense was meant by this one, and I don't mean to single any one out.  Like I said, in the whole scheme of things, this isn't a big deal -- it's just coming at a time when i'm spending a lot of time worrying about how to make this site a more welcoming site for new people..

kyrathaba:
It's why I've advocated for months now that any "humor" of a politicoreligious nature be relegated to the Basement.

mouser:
Why Were Medieval Knights Always Fighting Snails
--- End quote ---

Nice find -- I love little essays like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version