ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (375/1232) > >>

Renegade:
And, a shorter video about repealing free speech, etc.

I must warn you, it's piss-yourself hilarious! :D

Stoic Joker:
It's slowly becoming clear that there really is a superior race of beings on this planet. Mind you they're obviously not human beings ... My money is on the dolphins.

TaoPhoenix:
It's slowly becoming clear that there really is a superior race of beings on this planet. Mind you they're obviously not human beings ... My money is on the dolphins.
-Stoic Joker (July 19, 2013, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

"DC Members unite to take over the world! Uh... what is it Pinky? We're all booked today? Can we take over the world tomorrow?"

TaoPhoenix:
Are you a moron? Most people are!
-Renegade (July 19, 2013, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, this is more serious in that it's called "Social Engineering". Reduced to basic elements, "Social Engineering" looks ludicrous, but that's because it operates at a whole different plane. (I'd still love to know if anyone did a study on the rise of Facebook imploding the classic Bank Security question "Mother's Maiden Name". Because that used to be kinda hard to figure out. Now you look at Mr. Green and he "Likes" his family ... oh look, there's Papa Green, Mrs. Green, and ... wait for it ... Sally, Matilda, Angie, Henrietta, and Lucy Ostrowowskiej from Poland.)

So you gang are programmers - used to immense technical details. So it's just a little bit mean to call people getting social engineered "morons". It's more like a "Security Flaw" in the brain. We want to be liked, so it throws off defenses. Once known, the hack to abuse a Security Flaw is far lower level than the "original level of intelligence in the system". (That's why there's the derogatory term "Script Kiddie - someone else did the brilliant work finding the flaw, the Script Kiddie just uses it "turn-key.")

wraith808:
-Stoic Joker (July 19, 2013, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

"DC Members unite to take over the world! Uh... what is it Pinky? We're all booked today? Can we take over the world tomorrow?"

-TaoPhoenix (July 19, 2013, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shouldn't Pinky=Brain? :P  NARF!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version