ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (293/1232) > >>

Tinman57:
I took offence to something? News to me...When the hell do I take offence to ANYTHING  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tinman, I know you didn't aim it specifically at me :)

-Stephen66515 (April 11, 2013, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Another bad joke:
Do you really have to aim specifically with a 12-gauge?  :P
-Shades (April 12, 2013, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well every now and then I use other things.  Just today I eradicated a baby-factory tree rat (female red squirrel) with a .22 Long rifle at approx 120 yards away from my house.  They like to chew up insulation from under the house and wiring from under the hoods of cars, so I keep them in check every year about this time....

IainB:
A picture worth a thousand words?
Photo: Empty 'Reserved Media Seating' at Abortion Doc Gosnell's Murder Trial

The trial that wasn't?

mouser:
Ian I can't read your mind and this probably isn't what you intended, but to me your post came off like "hey i want to make a political statement so i'll find something that i can claim is humorous and stick it in this thread."  The whole point that the photo and caption and of the article that you are citing was a political point about how the media is biased against one side of this highly controversial issue of abortion.

I *really* don't want this forum to be a stomping ground for people's political views -- especially this thread.  If you have something genuinely hillarious that has a political edge, that's one thing -- but boy is this a stretch.  :down:

[I've said it before but it bears repeating -- having vigorous and forceful debates about religion and politics is an important part of life -- but we don't need to involve every website in such debates; we have collectively decided that this website is going to be a place where we want to be able to escape from those issues and try to focus on being supportive of each other and our shared common interests.]

IainB:
As I said in our PM exchanges on this: if you don't like it, you should remove it. It's your living room after all, and it won't bother me.

I also said that I sit on the fence regarding abortion, and:
Well, it might be that I am a bit thick, but I actually hadn't perceived any religious or political aspect to it. It's just a trial for mass murder, isn't it?
All I perceived was censorship apparently making an ass of itself, and us.

It came into my feed aggregator on http://www.breitbart.com/.
I was in a hurry (as usual) and didn't really notice that it was via some religious/Christian(?) blog, and I don't think I ever went to the latter to look at it (still haven't), but hastily googled the trial to get the gist of it. Made me feel a bit sick.

I suppose I can understand why a religious blog might post about it, but that doesn't in any way discount or detract from the hugely ironic and black humour of that photo. It really does speak volumes. It'd be a bit like holding the Nuremberg Trials in camera, if you see what I mean.    ;)
...I am a skeptic. I distrust and despise most politicians of all varieties, and religions, and the same goes for any religio-political ideologies and any associated cant and hypocrisy...

--- End quote ---

KynloStephen66515:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version