ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (139/1232) > >>

IainB:
Apology to Australian Aborigines
On 13th Feb. 2008, the first piece of business for the then newly-elected government of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was to open opened a new chapter in Australia's tortured relations with its indigenous peoples with a comprehensive and moving apology for past wrongs and a call for bipartisan action to improve the lives of Australia's Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders.
Just for fun, someone made a video clip of a very moving response from the Aborigines - Aboriginal apology to white Australia.

This vid clip had previously been on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US32todWY6Q
- but it now says there that it has been removed as "hate speech".
I don't understand that. It is parody and very funny too, though perhaps not "politically correct".
I guess the YouTube censors have been at it again.

Renegade:
> Apology to Australian Aborigines

I could make out some of it, but the audio quality has been degraded so much that much is muffled. :(

PC silliness is simply rampant. Here's something so utterly non-PC and so utterly insane that it's just hysterically funny:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/02/13/us-australia-aborigines-idUSSYD34010520080213

* 1967 - Australians overwhelmingly vote to change the constitution to give Aborigines full citizenship rights, and allow parliament to make laws to benefit aboriginal people. Previously, Aborigines were governed under flora and fauna laws.
--- End quote ---

i.e. They were "plants/animals" before.  :o

Fred Nerd:
Please, can I be declassified as Flora/Fauna?
Its considered cruelty to make a dog work for his food/water/shelter/love. I want to be that dog.

IainB:
Please, can I be declassified as Flora/Fauna?...
-Fred Nerd (September 18, 2012, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Be careful what you wish for. You might be reclassified as a fungus or a yeast, or something. That'd be no kind of life for a dog.

IainB:
...I could make out some of it, but the audio quality has been degraded so much that much is muffled...
-Renegade (September 17, 2012, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, the sound seems - as it always was in this clip - relatively clear, but the speaker is sometimes muttering in an Aboriginal dialect of Aussie English. I can make out almost every word, but am constrained in my understanding by being unfamiliar with some of the Aussie vernacular.
By the way, if you watched it using VLC (as I did), don't have the volume turned above 100% because, if you do, then it will introduce noise/clipping making the speech less discernible as speech.

I think it's really a very clever piece. In response to the Aussie PM's apology, the Abo starts off apologising to white Aussies for all his and his people's failings, but gets only so far before he then questions why he's apologising, and then ends up telling them all to "F off" in no uncertain terms. Prodigious use of the F-word.
I loved it. Real LOL material. Had me in stitches. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea. Maybe you need to be an Australasian to best appreciate the humour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version