ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (111/1232) > >>

nosh:
[deleted]

Arizona Hot:
IainB: What I thought was funny about it was the psychological conflict he would have had. Here's a person who can't deny that something he doesn't believe in has happened. He's been bitten by God, so to speak. Your jokes are better than the ones I've seen online on the subject, though. I'll keep them.

IainB:
...Your jokes are better than the ones I've seen online on the subject, though. I'll keep them.
-Arizona Hot (July 29, 2012, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Glad you like them. They are not really "my jokes", I just collect jokes that I hear, read about, or that people send me. I am an information packrat. I have several thousand jokes in the database. I can sort/filter them by various keywords or subjects - e.g., puns, weddings, Jewish jokes.
I started collecting/memorising jokes at age 11. I find that what makes a joke funny is a fascinating subject, and I am always impressed when watching/hearing a skilled standup comedian at work. Most of my favourite jokes are pretty much committed to memory (eidetic), though I have not put the time into ensuring that all of them are in the database.

By the way, Nosh made a good joke (above) but has deleted it for some reason. I had seen it before, but it was not in my database (it is now!).    :)

...Here's a person who can't deny that something he doesn't believe in has happened. He's been bitten by God, so to speak.
-Arizona Hot (July 29, 2012, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, it's quite funny, but it has been sorta true in at least one case I know of - C.S.Lewis - except that he wasn't a dyslexic insomniac as far as I know.
He was a hardened atheist and ended up reasoning himself into becoming a devout Christian, against his own wishes!
He described his struggle in Surprised by Joy:
"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England."

--- End quote ---

Bugger!    ;)

nosh:
By the way, Nosh made a good joke (above) but has deleted it for some reason. I had seen it before, but it was not in my database (it is now!).
--- End quote ---

I was a bit smashed. Wasn't sure if it had any universal appeal. ;D
Glad you liked it.

Arizona Hot:
They say the Invisible Man is very handsome, but lazy. You have to keep an eye on him to make sure he gets his work done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version