ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (100/1232) > >>

IainB:
A 1-minute video produced by the European Commission (an unelected sort of federal government of Europe).
Science: It's a Girl Thing! (hat-tip to The Reference Frame)

Renegade:
A 1-minute video produced by the European Commission (an unelected sort of federal government of Europe).
Science: It's a Girl Thing! (hat-tip to The Reference Frame)

-IainB (June 23, 2012, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure where the humour was, unless, that is, that you wanted to laugh at making grown men cry in despair... ;) :P

TaoPhoenix:

Haha, funny graph "turn the pc off and back on again."

Deozaan:
Not sure where the humour was, unless, that is, that you wanted to laugh at making grown men cry in despair... ;) :P
-Renegade (June 23, 2012, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the humor was that a big government think-tank thought that would be an effective commercial to interest girls/women in science, all while portraying women as stereotypically interested in only fashion and sexiness and makeup.

An actual scientist responds:

IainB:
-Renegade (June 23, 2012, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I think @Deozaan has it right.
The humour is in that it is the second recent example of an expensive EU PC propaganda FAIL, pushing a PC feminist and "gender-balanced" ideology.
They apparently pulled it after a solid wall of negative feedback.
They pulled the previous one a couple of months back - another epic FAIL - which was pushing the same PC feminist and "gender-balanced" ideology.

The thing is, the sexes must be equal, you see, though, annoyingly, Nature seems to have mucked that up a bit.
I read somewhere recently that the EU Commission have apparently scheduled another "gender-balanced" video which encourages men to have a recently-perfected transformational surgery which enables men to bear children.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version