ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (96/1232) > >>

Target:
The Hulk could often be happy, it was only in comics that he was depicted as being morose/unhappy.
--- End quote ---

Umm.. it was only in "comics" that he was unhappy? As opposed to? Real life when he was hanging out with jesus?
-mouser (June 11, 2012, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

sorry, I don't understand the question?

IainB:
The Hulk could often be happy, it was only in comics that he was depicted as being morose/unhappy.
--- End quote ---
Umm.. it was only in "comics" that he was unhappy? As opposed to? Real life when he was hanging out with jesus?
-mouser (June 11, 2012, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry if my attempt at ironic self-reflection fell flat.

IainB:
To explain:

* 1. "The Hulk could often be happy..." An absurd statement. How could I possibly know/believe this unless I lived in a fantasy world?
* 2. "...it was only in comics that he was depicted as being morose/unhappy." Another absurd statement. The implication is that he was somehow a real person who in real life was often happy. But he was never a real-life person (as far as I am aware) and only ever a comic-strip character, and so it could only be that he was ever depicted in comics (or TV/movies of the comic character) as unhappy/morose, or anything else for that matter.
* 3. 1st Conclusion: The speaker would seem to be living in a fantasy world to have believed such a thing.
* 4. Rethink: This was posted in "Re: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]". Hmm...
* 5. 2nd Conclusion: Anyone making such a statement is either saying it tongue-in-cheek as a joke or is completely off his rocker. Since this is in a silly humour thread, assume the former to be the case, and smile at the joke someone apparently just made about himself.    ;D
Actually, explaining it like that rather seems to kill it stone dead. (Sigh.)

I was of course saying it tongue-in-cheek, but I suppose I could be off my rocker without realising it.    ;)

Deozaan:
I thought it was funny.

But I was too busy "playing along," defending my silly argument to point out that I understood your humor. :Thmbsup:

IainB:
But I was too busy "playing along," defending my silly argument to point out that I understood your humor.
-Deozaan (June 12, 2012, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
I could see from your comment that you had got the joke, but I wasn't too sure about the comments that followed it - whether they were taking my comment seriously. I don't wish to inadvertently offend anyone by mistake/misinterpretation.
Quite the opposite, I only wish to offend people when I intend it to be offensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version