ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1136/1232) > >>

IainB:
I was playing Fallout 4 the other night for a bit of R&R (no, really, I find it very relaxing), and spotted this bit of sardonic Bethesda humour that came up whilst a fresh level of the game was loading (the image was draggable and rotatable):

Caption:
VDSG Catalogue No.9708
The Broadsider is the answer to that age-old question  "Would it be
fun to walk around and shoot people with a portable naval cannon?"
Yes. Yes it would.
So I looked it up, and found this (more humour):
From: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broadsider_(Fallout_4)

* The term "broadsiding," or "firing broadside," is a naval term, referring to firing all the cannons (in jargon referred to as 'guns') that can be pointed to one side of a ship, all at the same time.

* The marking on this cannon is the Royal Cypher of King George III, who was born in 1738 and reigned from 1760 to 1820. There appears to be a date on the first reinforcing ring above the cypher which shows the year 1820. King George III died in January 1820, meaning that this cannon was cast in the foundry during that month. The second reinforcing ring above the cypher is illegible but the info on that ring might state the weight and inspector's mark. There is no historical reason for a British cannon from 1820 to be aboard the U.S.S. Constitution, so it is safe to assume that it came with the robots.
--- End quote ---

panzer:
On a certain winter morning in Michigan, where the lakes freeze such that you can actually drive on the lake, an old timer went ice-fishing. He went at eleven o’clock in the morning, cut a small hole and sat down with a crate of beer next to him ­– because it is a patience game. He put the line in and sat down, sipping beer, sipping beer, sipping beer. The day went by. By four o’clock in the evening, he still had not caught a single fish.

Evening, four o’clock, one young boy came, with a big stereo on his shoulders and rap music blaring. He also cut a hole close by and sat down to fish – with the stereo blaring. This man looked at him and thought, “I have been sitting here quietly since morning, and I haven’t landed one fish. The fool comes now with a stereo blaring and he hopes to catch fish. Ha! No fool like a young fool.” And to his amazement within ten minutes the boy landed a huge trout. He shook his head and looked at it, then he said, “Okay, flash in the pan,” dismissed him and again focused on his fishing. Another ten minutes later, the boy landed one more trout.

Now he could not ignore him. With great desperation he just looked at him. “What is happening? I have been sitting here for the whole day and not caught a single fish. In twenty minutes, the boy has got two.” And to his utter amazement, in another ten minutes, the boy landed one more trout. Now he could not hold back any more. He kept his pride aside, slowly walked to the young boy and asked, “See, I have been sitting here the whole day not making a single sound, and I haven’t landed a single fish. I see in thirty minutes you have three trout in your basket. What is the secret of this?” The boy said, “Ru Ra Ra Ra Ru Ra Rum.” He said, “What?” The boy repeated, “Ru Ra Ra, Ra Ru Ra Rum.” The man said, “I don’t understand what you are saying.” The boy spat out a blob of something into his hands and said, “You have to keep the worms warm.”

panzer:
There was a new lawyer. It was his first case. He is very enthusiastic; he really wants to do his best. He lost the case. Then he went to meet his client who was in custody. He went and told him, “I have good news and bad news for you. Which do you want first?” The man said, “Okay, give me the bad news first.” So the lawyer said, “You have been sentenced to death.” Then the man asked, “What the hell can be good news after this?” The lawyer said, “I really fought hard and got the voltage reduced for you.”

panzer:

Arizona Hot:

If Guns Kill People T-Shirt 2nd Amendment Gun Rights

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version