ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1016/1232) > >>

Arizona Hot:

100+ Coats of Nail Polish

This is what 116 coats of nail polish look like

app103:
-Arizona Hot (June 13, 2016, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

She could have been done with that in a fraction of the time, if she did thinner coats and every 3rd coat was Ruby Kisses Lightening. Then she wouldn't have had to wait as much for it to dry.

Doing my nails used to be a hobby of mine, before I acquired my first computer. I used to routinely layer on 25 coats of nail polish, plus artwork, then wear it (without it chipping) till I started to noticeably outgrow the polish, which was usually about 2 weeks.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

She could have been done with that in a fraction of the time, if she did thinner coats and every 3rd coat was Ruby Kisses Lightening. Then she wouldn't have had to wait as much for it to dry.

Doing my nails used to be a hobby of mine, before I acquired my first computer. I used to routinely layer on 25 coats of nail polish, plus artwork, then wear it (without it chipping) till I started to noticeably outgrow the polish, which was usually about 2 weeks.
-app103 (June 13, 2016, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I won't ask... Ok, I will ask.  How do you happen to have this knowledge?

app103:
--- End quote ---

-app103 (June 13, 2016, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I won't ask... Ok, I will ask.  How do you happen to have this knowledge?
-wraith808 (June 13, 2016, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been a nail polish fanatic since childhood and you could say I was a pioneer in the world of nail art, doing weird things to my nails waaaay before it was fashionable. While other girls were still wearing a single color, I had stripes, polka dots, and pictures. I have tried a plethora of base coats, top coats, etc. And I know the brands that not only dry fast, but are capable of drying multiple layers of regular polish beneath them, and can be acquired at a low cost. If I had not taken up computer geekery, I could very easily have become one of those successful Youtube nail polish queens or nail art bloggers. I even entertained the idea of becoming a professional manicurist, at one point, but decided against it. I didn't want to turn a fun hobby into work, with the possibility of taking all the fun out of it.

By the way, I am still in search of a good quality nail polish in the perfect shade of "circuitboard green" for a project I plan on doing to my nails. I already have the gold striping tape and perfect polish in both color and consistency for "solder dots". :D

wraith808:
That's pretty cool!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version