topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]  (Read 3671640 times)

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]
« Reply #4750 on: September 21, 2015, 10:32 AM »
Has anyone here eaten Girl Scout brownies?

Spoiler
Clipboard01.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:46 AM by Arizona Hot »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4751 on: September 21, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Has anyone here eaten Girl Scout brownies?

Spoiler
[ Invalid Attachment ]

There was a guy on Death Row(tm) because he was a convicted serial sex offender.  The evening before the execution, as was the custom, he was allowed to order anything he liked for dinner.  The Warden asked him what he wanted.  The guy looked at the Warden and said, "Girl Scout Cookies..  DUH!"

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4752 on: September 27, 2015, 03:42 PM »
50 Pets in Costumes.jpgsilly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

A Halloween lion.

Can you imagine the attention it would get if tonight's(blood moon) lunar eclipse happened Halloween night?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:03 AM by Arizona Hot »

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4755 on: October 01, 2015, 08:38 PM »
'Girl unhappily holds an owl' meme is making us all very happy - YouTube
Yes... very happy! There are some whacked people out there who aren't afraid to use Photoshop. (Or Gimp.)
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4758 on: October 06, 2015, 10:30 AM »
^ Did you post that in the wrong thread?
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4759 on: October 06, 2015, 09:32 PM »
^^ No, I don't think so. Why do you ask?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4760 on: October 06, 2015, 10:03 PM »

Doesn't really seem like silly humor- more like basement cop thread.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4761 on: October 07, 2015, 03:31 AM »

Ahaha! I caught you out doing that ventriloquist thang there, @Renegade! You think you're so smart.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4762 on: October 07, 2015, 04:51 AM »
Spotted on the Guy Fawkes blog (GCHQ Overfill Their Doughnut). Always very dry there.

GCHQ-always-listening-to-our-customers.png

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4763 on: October 07, 2015, 05:07 AM »

Ahaha! I caught you out doing that ventriloquist thang there, @Renegade! You think you're so smart.

I initially thought it was accidentally posted in the wrong thread as well. But then I remembered you've posted stuff like that on occasion before in this thread.
Tom

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4764 on: October 07, 2015, 05:45 AM »
^^ Stop that @Renegade. I know its you. It's becoming tedious.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4765 on: October 07, 2015, 07:55 AM »
How embarrassing:

LinkedIn - mathematically challenged 2015-10-08 (750) - edited.jpg

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4766 on: October 07, 2015, 08:12 AM »
^^ Stop that @Renegade. I know its you. It's becoming tedious.

Are you of the opinion that only Renegade could respond to your query?  Or are you making a funny?  Because Renegade was just saying what we were thinking and hadn't called you on, so it's a bit off-putting.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4767 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37 AM »
This thread was never meant to be taken seriously. IainB made an ironic comment, but softened it by disguising it as a joke, a funny. Someone didn't get it, maybe someone else did. Move on; Guido Fawkes' blog really is dry... and Renegade probably doesn't need your help anyway. IainB is a peacekeeper, and his silly comments made me smile - you know: "silly humor - post 'em here!"

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4768 on: October 07, 2015, 10:07 AM »
This thread was never meant to be taken seriously. IainB made an ironic comment, but softened it by disguising it as a joke, a funny. Someone didn't get it, maybe someone else did. Move on; Guido Fawkes' blog really is dry... and Renegade probably doesn't need your help anyway. IainB is a peacekeeper, and his silly comments made me smile - you know: "silly humor - post 'em here!"

I wasn't trying to help Renengade... in fact, it seemed directed at myself and Tomos, when we were just pointing out my view on the same issue, as that link definitely didn't fall into 'silly humor'.  But as I've taken from others... onward  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4769 on: October 07, 2015, 10:20 AM »
Just for the record I had the same feeling as wraith (and renegade of all people) that it was more a basement/political post than a silly humor post and didn't belong here -- and then i didn't understand the replies to the question about it being in the wrong thread.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4770 on: October 07, 2015, 10:34 AM »
only now have I seen the arstechnica taser story; that one is not funny at all. Sorry.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4771 on: October 07, 2015, 12:45 PM »

I might have some clarity here.

Cop tasering *himself* "to learn / to look funny / to create a meme" = Funny
Cop tasering *suspect* (not staged as a skit) = police aggression = Basement.

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4773 on: October 08, 2015, 12:37 AM »
Sorry, I went to bed and missed the ensuing discussion regarding my post of the tazering policeman selfie. It seems that some people in the forum might have missed the point, though I did wonder at the time whether a lack of explanation on my part (I was in a hurry) might make it a bit of a challenge, so, my apologies for perhaps assuming too much and for any confusion that may have ensued as a result.

I would stress that there was no intention on my part to "Go Basement" on this and tut-tut or foam at the mouth about police brutality, or similar - the fact that it was a cop who was the actor was kinda coincidental, and police brutality is a sorry fact of life for a minority of police officers and a problem for their commanders to address, and something to which we have by now probably become desensitised anyway - so I generally would be disinclined to make passing comment about specific cases of police brutality in this forum (I don't find it funny in and of itself anyway) or anywhere else - e.g., The Basement.

No, what I was posting about is what seems to be a relatively new/emerging and growing phenomenon that is occurring in our society and which is largely enabled by the advent of telecomms and/or computerised "social networks" (e.g., including live video streaming, Twitter, Facebook) combined with the possibilities of the smartphone or video camera and sometimes especially the selfie features therein, resulting in something new that seems to be at one and the same time so seriously vain, moronic and self-destructive in some way that it it beggars belief and it might actually be quite funny and deserving of mockery that a person would do that to themselves in the first place without apparently considering the potential consequences for themselves or how their behaviour might appear to others watching in critical judgement. To do that would seem to require a pathological conceit coupled with a complete absence of self-awareness.

What I would suggest we arguably need is a new award alongside The Darwin Award - we could call it The Downhill Selfies Award. In ski-ing, there is a really fun thing called "the downhill race", where gravity is your friend, and it seems to me that there's a similar race on - a race to the bottom - to see who can do better (read as "be more vain/moronic/stupid") than (say) the more familiar stupid acts of publishing a Facebook selfie of yourself naked, or with the stolen goods from a night out thieving or robbing a bank, or posing for a selfie of yourself with a girl whilst you are two-timing your girlfriend, or whilst staring down a glacier as though daring it to melt at a time when you should be at work in your office doing your job.

So, who is currently achieving real merit in this downhill race? Well, you can spot some easy recent achievers which totally eclipse the selfies described above (good as the latter may be):
  • Tazering cop selfies: You've no doubt by now already been dazzled and entertained (if not shocked) by the originality and electrifying brilliance of the "shocking cop selfies" (from above). Give some credit to this guy for what he has achieved. It has raised the bar. Nobody could deny that this guy surely deserves everything he gets, including a Downhill Selfie Award.

• - but these next selfies must surely take the biscuit (or is it the BBQ sauce?) for sheer flambĂ© audacity and opportunistic ingenuity in a viral trend which somehow seems may have jumped international territorial boundaries and which looks as though it might be now starting to infect professional state police forces worldwide as the trick catches on:

• BBQ cop selfies: Again, absolutely no tut-tutting from me about this - "Don't be afraid to see what you see", as POTUS Reagan so adroitly put it. Here we have two actors (who only coincidentally happen to be cops) who decide to publish 'human barbecue' selfies taken at the site of a tragic airplane crash in Shoreham (UK) - and they apparently used a hashtag #human barbecue, or something. Again, nobody could deny that these guys surely deserve everything they get, including a Downhill Selfie Award, for their actions - I mean, "give credit where credit is due", as my mother would say when she saw someone do something particularly stupid.

Is it coincidental that these two latest awards would have been earned by police officers? I think so. The circumstances are quite different in each case - e.g., it could well have been (say) firemen or passers-by in the second case, I suppose. Only time will tell, but some people (not me, you understand) might say that, if this is indeed a newly-emerging and growing trend in the police forces, then it could arguably be a good thing, as it will inevitably lead to a raising of the bar for entry into the police force, in the shape of new entrance qualifications requirements for police recruits - possibly including (say) that of being photogenic - but I couldn't possibly comment.

But back to the Award itself: I would be interested in some assistance regarding the Downhill Selfie Award.
  • Do I have the criteria for making the Award about right?
  • How could the criteria be made more appropriate or specific?
  • Should there be sub-categories for the Award, or what, and why?
  • Do we give the Award posthumously in cases where the actor dies as a consequence, or is that more correctly a Darwin Award? I think it definitely is, and, furthermore, that death should be a factor that invalidates candidacy for the Downhill Selfie Award. Whilst the Award is a way of mocking the actor's surprisingly absurd behaviours, I personally do not feel that it would be at all nice to mock or derive pleasure from a candidate's death, and that to do so could be a sad reflection on ourselves.

Above all, please bear in mind that what I am talking about here is identifying and highlighting where we could give credit for new sources of surprising, original, and completely unintended mixtures of acute irony and/or black humour (in using selfie/camera technology), which aspects of humour have proven to be "healthy", insofar as they have helped us as a species to cope in relatively good-humoured fashion with some of the most horrendous atrocities of mankind in modern history.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4774 on: October 08, 2015, 12:51 AM »

Oh sorry, I see that someone definitely seems to "get" my possibly warped sense of humour.