ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (646/1232) > >>

crabby3:
In 1905 Albert Einstein stunned the scientific community when he announced that e is equal to mc squared.  Until that point, scientists had no idea what e was equal to.  Oh, sure, they had known since the days of the ancient Egyptians that e came after i, except when both letters were preceded by a c.  But nobody had ever even considered the possibility that e might have anything to do with m.  We will never know what other amazing things would have been revealed about the alphabet if Einstein had lived longer.  We do know that, just before he died, he told friends that he was working on 'something really big involving k'.   :P

Arizona Hot:
I'm wondering if anyone here can read the Chinese here to find out if it is an answer to the question or means anything at all. Looks reals, but are appearances deceiving? Did Google Images search; Chinese sites have it, but don't say anything about the answer. The joke may be on the instructor who asked the question to someone who knew Chinese when the instructor didn't.

A bit of test foolishness.

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

IainB:
@Arizona Hot: That mark-sensed exam response document took me back a bit. The clock track on the LHS where it says "Read in this direction" looks very much like the system I used to program for using a machine scanner code macro language. Pity the image doesn't show the whole document. From memory, I think the machine we used was a Westinghouse brand of mark-reading scanner. It ran the program logic in real time across every sheet as it was passing under the read heads, and though it was a very high-speed scanner (I forget how many documents per second it scanned) it could reroute the forward path of each document in its outgoing path, depending on the data that it had just scanned and the logic applied.
I guess the technology is still useful - that image is dated 2010. It was ideally suited to mass survey data collection.

IainB:
Kiwis are very resourceful and will turn their hand to anything if required.

IainB:
Honi soit qui mal y pense. Al Murray on nations

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version