ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (381/1232) > >>

Renegade:
Don't click if you can't take a joke. :P

French Army Knife

Renegade:
If you love babies, you might like/hate this. :P

http://newsthump.com/2013/07/22/prince-williams-hand-absolutely-killing-him/

“And the words coming out of her mouth.  My word. If I hadn’t seen the background check with my own eyes I’d be pretty sure she’d dated a sailor.”

“Have I what? No, I haven’t looked ‘downstairs’ and I have no intention of doing so. It’s going to be out of action for a while I’d imagine.”
--- End quote ---

More at the link. :P

Target:
http://newsthump.com/2013/07/22/prince-williams-hand-absolutely-killing-him/-Renegade (July 23, 2013, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

hehe, how about this from the same site - http://newsthump.com/2011/04/06/killing-bono-audience-left-disappointed-by-lack-of-bono-killing/

FWIW, I'd have been upset too...

IainB:
Don't click if you can't take a joke. :P
-Renegade (July 23, 2013, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think that's unnecessarily offensive and equivalent to my post of Pierre's photo of Germany taking an all-classes win of the 1940 Tour de France at Re: bicycling suddenly a British speciality?!.
In short, it's LOL funny.    ;D

Those sorts of jokes act as reminders of the French's inability to win wars or to resist capitulation to an enemy or to having to be rescued from enemy occupation by the Brits/Yanks. They are not only always good for a laugh, but also they probably inject a healthy dose of realism into what might otherwise tend to be a forgetful and overly prideful national paradigm. That is, it takes off the rosy spectacles when viewing France's colourful history.
Lest we forget.
--- End quote ---
As a student of religion and modern history, my daughter Lily (now 11½ y/o) thought it was rather funny too.

@tomos might object to it though, as he objected to the Tour de France photo.

IainB:
Priceless. I actually did LOL when I read this at arstechnica:
NSA says it can’t search its own e-mails
The NSA's system is “a little antiquated and archaic."
by Justin Elliott, ProPublica - July 24 2013, 5:13am NZST
The National Security Agency (NSA) is a "supercomputing powerhouse" with machines so powerful their speed is measured in thousands of trillions of operations per second. The agency turns its giant machine brains to the task of sifting through unimaginably large troves of data its surveillance programs capture.

But ask the NSA as part of a freedom of information request to do a seemingly simple search of its own employees' e-mail? The agency says it doesn't have the technology.

"There's no central method to search an e-mail at this time with the way our records are set up, unfortunately," NSA Freedom of Information Act officer Cindy Blacker told me last week. The system is "a little antiquated and archaic," she added. ...

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version