Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 20, 2014, 12:58:17 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting "stuff"  (Read 33985 times)
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2014, 05:02:57 AM »

Believe It or Not, Dial-Up's Not Dead (Yet)

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »

Who else has seen this before?

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »

Survey: Most Hackers Believe They're Above the Law

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2014, 01:46:40 AM »

Some very old pictures from my archives and some just old pictures.

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »

Oldest examples of everyday objects

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2014, 03:00:51 AM »

very interesting thumbs up cheesy

Tom
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »

Just the latest previous one or more than that?

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »

Nice Grill You Look Like Your Car (and Your Car Looks Like Your Dog)

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »

Lorem Ipsum Of Good & Evil, Google & China

How many here know what "lorem ipsum" is?

Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »

I took a year of commercial graphic arts at 'that' school. Using Lorem Ipsum felt too much like cheating, so I usually wrote my own body copy. I got a few raised eyebrows and one tilted head, so I figure I won.  Cool

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »

I took a year of commercial graphic arts at 'that' school. Using Lorem Ipsum felt too much like cheating, so I usually wrote my own body copy. I got a few raised eyebrows and one tilted head, so I figure I won.  Cool

+1!

I always used to use Lovecraft's opening to The Dunwich Horror:

When a traveller in north central Massachusetts takes the wrong fork at the junction of the Aylesbury pike just beyond Dean’s Corners he comes upon a lonely and curious country. The ground gets higher, and the brier-bordered stone walls press closer and closer against the ruts of the dusty, curving road. The trees of the frequent forest belts seem too large, and the wild weeds, brambles, and grasses attain a luxuriance not often found in settled regions. At the same time the planted fields appear singularly few and barren; while the sparsely scattered houses wear a surprisingly uniform aspect of age, squalor, and dilapidation. Without knowing why, one hesitates to ask directions from the gnarled, solitary figures spied now and then on crumbling doorsteps or on the sloping, rock-strewn meadows. Those figures are so silent and furtive that one feels somehow confronted by forbidden things, with which it would be better to have nothing to do. When a rise in the road brings the mountains in view above the deep woods, the feeling of strange uneasiness is increased. The summits are too rounded and symmetrical to give a sense of comfort and naturalness, and sometimes the sky silhouettes with especial clearness the queer circles of tall stone pillars with which most of them are crowned.

Gorges and ravines of problematical depth intersect the way, and the crude wooden bridges always seem of dubious safety. When the road dips again there are stretches of marshland that one instinctively dislikes, and indeed almost fears at evening when unseen whippoorwills chatter and the fireflies come out in abnormal profusion to dance to the raucous, creepily insistent rhythms of stridently piping bull-frogs. The thin, shining line of the Miskatonic’s upper reaches has an oddly serpent-like suggestion as it winds close to the feet of the domed hills among which it rises.

As the hills draw nearer, one heeds their wooded sides more than their stone-crowned tops. Those sides loom up so darkly and precipitously that one wishes they would keep their distance, but there is no road by which to escape them. Across a covered bridge one sees a small village huddled between the stream and the vertical slope of Round Mountain, and wonders at the cluster of rotting gambrel roofs bespeaking an earlier architectural period than that of the neighbouring region. It is not reassuring to see, on a closer glance, that most of the houses are deserted and falling to ruin, and that the broken-steepled church now harbours the one slovenly mercantile establishment of the hamlet. One dreads to trust the tenebrous tunnel of the bridge, yet there is no way to avoid it. Once across, it is hard to prevent the impression of a faint, malign odour about the village street, as of the massed mould and decay of centuries. It is always a relief to get clear of the place, and to follow the narrow road around the base of the hills and across the level country beyond till it rejoins the Aylesbury pike.

Afterwards one sometimes learns that one has been through Dunwich.

Grin

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »

hey I know that shoe!  It's from Armenia, my homeland!

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »

Engrish... on Pinterest  57 Pins

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqrPYcOlug" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqrPYcOlug</a>

The Day I Measured My Heart Rate Through My Butt  TechCrunch

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »

Crossdressing on the Job Shorts-No, Skirts-Yes

Boy wears skirt to school in protest against school's uniform policy  Metro News

4wd: Didn't believe me, did you? Do you think he(lower one) looks cute in that skirt?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:08:26 PM by Arizona Hot » Logged

4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #315 on: September 03, 2014, 06:28:34 AM »

This is a placeholder for my next post. And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Must be this one:

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #316 on: September 04, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »

This is a placeholder for my next post. And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Must be this one:
 (see attachment in previous post)

No, this one.

Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2014, 10:15:48 PM »

Crossdressing on the Job Shorts-No, Skirts-Yes
Boy wears skirt to school in protest against school's uniform policy  Metro News
4wd: Didn't believe me, did you? Do you think he(lower one) looks cute in that skirt?

Guys at my high school did that in '87 or so.  Same stupid rule.  Guys could wear shorts year-round after that.

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »

The Most Popular NFL Team by County

28 Keys to Decoding British Pub Menus

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #319 on: September 16, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »

Does anyone here ever do any programming on their phone? I don't have a smartphone, but I do have an Android tablet. Shown below with an external keyboard/cover running QPython.

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2014, 07:12:18 PM »

All the Evidence that Time Travel is Happening All Around Us

An interesting article, but you wouldn't need a grandfather paradox in order prevent you from traveling into the past. Probably if you found evidence for or thought of something with a probability of it happening, the past would be changed and the probabilities in the present would be in flux until it didn't happen. So the only way you could invent time travel into the past would be such that you couldn't change it. For any other way, just existing in the past would disrupt the process through the butterfly effect. The only way to avoid this would be that you came into existence uncaused outside of time. Do you know of anyone like that? Probably one of those things man was never meant to know, but we can never be certain about that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:58:06 PM by Arizona Hot » Logged

Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.055s | Server load: 0.08 ]