ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are you getting for your Special Other for Valentines Day?

<< < (6/7) > >>

OldElmerFudd:
Made dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning for my best friend and myself. We took in the movie "Bottle Shock" for free at a local library and kind of spontaneously went out to dinner Saturday evening. Actually this is all pretty normal behavior for us. We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day; we celebrate the 15th instead. THAT's the day, thirty-five years ago, when we fell in love forever.

2 penny Ron

(Oh, and Bite-sized Trouble got a phone call. After all, she's the next-best friend!)

mouser:
We decided to prepare a special meal together.
--- End quote ---

:up: :up:

Edvard:
Money being tight, my Wife and I didn't do anything too special.
I did download some vintage valentine cards and printed them on nice cardstock.
She really liked that.

vetegr:
Chocolate-covered espresso beans!

Deozaan:
Nothing. We don't celebrate that "holiday."
-Deozaan (February 08, 2009, 11:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps I should clarify. See, before we got married, my wife and I both decided that we didn't like V-Day and that we wouldn't celebrate it. So imagine my surprise when she seemed a little disappointed when, nearly a year into our marriage when our first V-Day as husband and wife came around, I reminded her what we had decided. She was a bit unhappy with me for that one.

So to save my buttocks from spending a month in the dog house, I suggested an alternate holiday that actually meant something to us: The day we got engaged. Which just so happens to be a few days after V-Day (Feb 17th, so today is our two-year engagement anniversary).

Once again, after seeing her co-workers get flowers on V-Day she was a little unhappy that I didn't do anything for her this year on V-Day. But maybe I should be upset because she completely forgot today was our engagement anniversary! :mad:

Oh well. Maybe next year it will work out the way we agreed it should.

Women! :tellme: ;) :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version