Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 18, 2014, 08:13:05 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Badge/Award Mod Rewritten  (Read 26009 times)
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2009, 05:16:12 AM »

I did some retouching on the previous 16x16, and I think the contrast is a bit better now, what do you think?

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2009, 08:39:15 AM »

Ok, so the Portugal badge is done.
Here's the complete info:

url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal
one word label: Portugal
one line title: Inhabitant of Portugal
longer description: This is a badge for those that inhabit (or have inhabited) at that small beautiful country on the western end of Europe, Portugal.
small image:
large image:

And here's the non-lobotomy version of tux:

My suggestion for linux long description:
This is a badge for those that suffer without Screenshot Captor, Find and Run Robot, fSekrit and all of skrommel's goodies but at least can compile their own kernel

[edit] updated small flag image [/edit]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:32:34 AM by jgpaiva » Logged

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 09:24:20 AM »

And here's the non-lobotomy version of tux:  (see attachment in previous post)

I prefer the lobotomized version. I assumed it implied that Linux adherents belong to

Chris
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »

I did some retouching on the previous 16x16, and I think the contrast is a bit better now, what do you think?
 (see attachment in previous post)

Kudos! Works for me! Kiss

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »

linux and portugal added.

to make life even easier for me let me request submissions for new badges to be done as follows:

name of new badge (one short word)
two files, one called BADGENAME_16.gif (or png) which should be no larger than 16x16; one called BADGENAME_64.gif (or png) which should be no larger than 64x64
a short tile line with a url link, like:
[copy or print]
Inhabitant of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal]Portugal[/url]
a longer description text, which can be one to five lines long.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »

Yay, now that was fast! Thanks mouser Wink

I've just made a minor update to the small flag, so that it gets horizontally aligned with the other badges:

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »

Out of curiosity, I tried adding it to my profile, but it doesn't show up over my avatar.

Am I doing something wrong? huh

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2009, 03:19:20 PM »

Yep, you were. You only have to write the name of the badge, one per line Wink

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »

Sorry. embarassed

I'm so used to dragging and dropping I sometime think I've forgotten how to type...or read...or walk...or...

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 06:14:43 PM »

I've been there.. You will know something is wrong when you try to hit ctrl-z after making a mistake while writing something with pen and paper. I'm way past that point already Wink

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »

@jgpaiva - didn't know if you'd be interested, but my sister (the one that's the graphic designer) pointed me to this link:

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/flags/

They've done up most flags already  in case you don't feel like reinventing (or re-iconizing) the world flag set. They're free to use without restriction, unlike many icon collections.

Flag Icons

“Flags” are 247 icons — in GIF and PNG formats — representing most countries in the world as small pixel icons. These flag icons are available for free use for any purpose with no requirement for attribution.

The flag icon filenames follow the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country codes.

P.S. I like the colors on your version of the Portugal flag better! Thmbsup
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:21:28 PM by 40hz » Logged

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 08:26:09 PM »

Actually, I'm not sure but I think it's the same image.. smiley
I got this one from wikipedia, I wouldn't be surprised if they used that icon set.
Glad you found it, I knew it existed, but couldn't remember what to search for!

So, maybe we should make a few more?
Which ones would you guys consider important?

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2009, 10:12:30 PM »

So, maybe we should make a few more?
Which ones would you guys consider important?

Well, I was thinking that there are probably quite a few musicians in the Donation Coder community...

Cool

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 04:48:49 AM »

I found an interesting icon for musicians: http://commons.wikimedia....que_croche_hampe_haut.svg
However, it's licensed under creativecommons attribution license, I think we may use it, but I'm not sure if adding a reference on this thread is considered "attibution".

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2009, 08:38:32 AM »

I just put these together. Will they work? No attribution necessary that way. Grin

64x64       16x16

Also 'buttonized' for 64x64  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:43:36 AM by 40hz » Logged

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »

Grin Cool!
May I suggest something? Maybe removing the frame and making the musical note larger would make it look better in 16x16 Wink

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2009, 09:29:04 AM »

Here's a new one!

name of badge: uk
Small Image:
Large image:
Inhabitant of the United Kingdom

Mouser: maybe we should change 'portugal' to 'pt', to use always the shorter name?

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

Grin Cool!
May I suggest something? Maybe removing the frame and making the musical note larger would make it look better in 16x16 Wink

Glad you said that. Two minutes after I posted it, I had misgivings about the frame on the small one, but I was a little too lazy   to change it since it was already well past midnight when I did the original.

This is as big as I can get with the graphic and still stay withing 16x16:

16x16-no-frame version >>  

File is in png format - so If anybody is good at hand tweaking small graphics, don't hesitate to have at it. smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:58:32 PM by 40hz » Logged

paarkhi
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 03:02:45 AM »

Very Good
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »

anyone willing to make a badge for mini-review writers?
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.048s | Server load: 0.11 ]