ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Badge/Award Mod Rewritten

<< < (8/14) > >>

sgtevmckay:
Hello Mouser

You and wreckedcarzz have been strangers to the Circledock forum as of late, but with everything else going on here, I guess you drop in where you can.

Anyways, I have a suggestion for a badge here, and I apologize if I am way out of line suggesting one.

I am by no means a programmer of the caliber that is listed in these forums, but I and apparently several others, dedicate numerous hours and support by offering software/forum support.
Software support, graphics, and presentations is my bread and butter.
Of late I realize that there a lot of forum goers that do not have the programming skills, but have offered great software support to various software that is offered here at Donationcoder.

I guess: to the point right?

I would like to see a couple of badges or just one that reflects the above.

A badge for forum and/or software supporter!

This badge would not be a self selected badge, but a badge given out by yourself, or what ever controls you have in place.

I think this would be great for those supporters that are doing what they can to support these software/forums, but who can not support by coding or software development.

This badge could also be handed out to developers as well, but would reflect their contributions to software/forum support.
This would allow the folks who are supporting the forums/software in a dedicated and helpful manner know they are doing well, based on others opinions.

I would start by electing wreckedcarzz, as I have found this persons help and assistance to be of great help and sometimes insight.

Let me know what you think

mouser:
i think this is a great idea.. actually i was talking to someone else about the possibility of having badges for different programming languages that would indicate someone was willing to help others with that programming problems related to that language.

so this idea of yours would be a useful complement to that idea -- badges showing someone has provided (or is willing to provide) general help or help on certain programs or kinds of programs.

mahesh2k:
i think this is a great idea.. actually i was talking to someone else about the possibility of having badges for different programming languages that would indicate someone was willing to help others with that programming problems related to that language.
--- End quote ---

+1. But one question is language sub-forum here is not very active.

sgtevmckay, your idea is cool.
I think all those who have programs here (or on DCmembers site can create FAQ based on problems posted here and post solutions to that pafe as well. FAQ/Knowledgebase pages works well with forum support )

app103:
mouser announced this award in another thread today, and I am just supplying the graphics to make it possible.

16x16:

64x64:

url: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19046.msg170591#msg170591

one word label: sandwich

one line title: rotten turkey sandwich

description:

This is an award for catching and reporting mouser's mistakes.

i always try to put one mistake in each post i make to see who is pedantic enough to catch it and report it.
prize is a rotten turkey sandwich.
-mouser
--- End quote ---

Now, let's not all jump on this at once, since there are a ton of people that should have this one displayed on their profile. I don't want mouser to have to take the next 6 weeks off to add everyone.  :P

cranioscopical:
the next 6 weeks
-app103 (July 03, 2009, 09:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is this now to be the definition of a mouser month?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version