ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tech News Weekly: Edition 06-09

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ehtyar:
My pleasure, as always gents :)

I wasn't a fan of the bike, but everyone one at work was frosting their panties over it so I included it. The futility of electric over petroleum really irritates me.

Ehtyar.

Shades:
I disagree, electricity is a lot cleaner. Before you start about the powerplant...I have rather one point of toxic going into the air...which is a whole lot cheaper/easier to filter/clean than all the fumes internal combustion engines put out everywhere they go. The price you (the consumer) pay for petroleum is not nearly enough for the real cost (the real cost includes the renewal of the material you use). The same can be said for wood, but that is a whole different topic. 

Actually, if there is no hydro power generation possible I would say to build more nuclear power plants, they are the most efficient ones (price/performance wise (and that includes the environmental risks)).

It looks like there is something good happening for the people in the hydrogen camp. Scientist have created/found a new material (graphene) which is unbelievable strong, even when it is only 1 molecule thick. Besides that, it is also an excellent (semi) conductor (graphane). Because of its strength it is ideally suited for hydrogen tanks. Actually the strength of the material comes from hydrogen. When this  material will become cheap enough to produce, expect a boom in hydrogen powered stuff...and even smaller CPU's. From the article I read (on a Dutch website) it looks like it is ideal to replace silicium.

zridling:
Speaking of Google, they now have Life Magazine's library of photos digitized and in Google Images.

Carol Haynes:
10: Awesome motor bike! ...in look :Thmbsup: and price :down:
-Shades (February 08, 2009, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am not really a fan of motorbikes but I always thought one of the attractions was the engine noise? Who will buy a silent bike - esp. at $63,000? Maybe they could fit hi powered speakers with a range of engine noises geared to the throttle - that way you could ride a different bike every day!

My pleasure, as always gents :)
-Ehtyar (February 08, 2009, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this a boys own column then?

CWuestefeld:
I think the absurdity of #7 (non-readable biometric IDs) demonstrates that the government's real intent is not to provide a secure means for the populace to prove their identity to one another. It's really because the government wants a more-complete database of all its subjects. Period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version