topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DoubleKiller Pro - FAST and great to find duplicate files!  (Read 52810 times)

Cleaner007

Re: DoubleKiller Pro - FAST and great to find duplicate files!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 05:55 AM »
Sorry I mean <MOD: removed product>. It was a mistake :-\

edit by jgpaiva: removed product for repeated SPAM
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:59 AM by jgpaiva »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 12:05 PM »
... Bolide Software. ... inform you about our Duplicate Image Remover.

Well, maxic never did come back. I will nevertheless assume that he will be reading this.

Image Comparer 3.0 build 702 giveawayoftheday from Bolide is very good at it's job. I have only one or two minor requests for further improvement, otherwise IC3 is some kind of a leader, I think. Well, actually I might also have a one big request.

The minor requests are about the display of each image's file name. The only way to read the name is to activate the picture, so the titel becomes visible right under the big thumbnail. The window doesn't even support tooltips, which I think it should. But even more than tooltips, I would prefer to be able to grab the bothering line "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\..." and draw that part of it to the left, out of sight, so the actual folder- and file- names for all images becomes visible.

ic3.gifDoubleKiller Pro - FAST and great to find duplicate files!

---
Context menus:

ic3-1.gif  ic3-2.gif  ic3-3.gif

---
The bigger request is for Image Comparer to also support the various Webshots formats (WBC WBP WBZ WB1 and WBD). The source code for Ultimate Webshots Converter is available from the author at uwc[at]apinc[dot]org 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:08 PM by Curt »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 05:02 AM »
In case anyone is wondering, Cleaner007 was spamming and was banned after that was noticed on this thread.

maxic

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Thanks for the info, did anybody get in touch with you about your offer? I had your software on one of my computers for a short while. I downloaded it from GivawayOfTheDay (I think) but I rebuilt that computer shortly thereafter and really didn't get a chance to use it much. The little I did see looked impressive.

Yes, we offered Image Comparer at GivewayOfTheDay, but the current version works even faster especially with RAW image files.
Unfortunately, I got no discount requests from this forum yet.

maxic

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 08:00 AM »
The bigger request is for Image Comparer to also support the various Webshots formats (WBC WBP WBZ WB1 and WBD). The source code for Ultimate Webshots Converter is available from the author at uwc[at]apinc[dot]org 

thanks for the idea, I'll send a request to this address now. Feel free to post other suggestions about Image Comparer, but I guess it is better to do using our feedback form cause I'm afraid to be banned here :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Hello,..to inform you about our Duplicate Image Finder. It provides no byte-by-byte comparison, it compares image content ...

"Duplicate Image Finder" = "Duplicate Image Remover = "Image Comparer", at different points in time.

For a year or so I have been using Image Comparer 3 from Bolide. I liked it well, so much  that for $34.95  I purchased a license when I replaced the old XP together with the giveawayoftheday version of IC3.

But today I decided to test the free Duplicate Cleaner. And to make a long story short, I made it search for exact copies inside a folder with 8.000 images taking up 15 GB, and Duplicate Cleaner did in 26 seconds what Image Comparer would do in 46 minutes!

http://www.digitalvo...cano.co.uk/dupe.html

1038x788 pixels:

dc_1.jpgDoubleKiller Pro - FAST and great to find duplicate files!

Edited:
But of course I must remind you that Image Comparer also will give you "almost" identical images
- which is a very fine feature!  :up:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:09 AM by Curt »

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 07:06 PM »
I'd like to recommend using this duplicate file finder to deal with unnecessary files. It has many functions, user-friendly interface, safety options and 100% efficiency.

You should be declaring your links to this product.

edit by jgpaiva: removed spam link
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:10 PM by jgpaiva »

bardy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 12:37 AM »
I’m using another software in identifying and deleting dups very fast and simple , DuplicateFilesDeleter.