topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screen2Exe - FREE and pretty clever screen casting software  (Read 5818 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screen2Exe - FREE and pretty clever screen casting software
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:27 PM »
i've just been playing about with "Screen2Exe" for a few minutes and it works well for a free util. here's the link...

http://www.screen-re...d.com/screen2exe.htm

screen2exe.jpgScreen2Exe - FREE and pretty clever screen casting software
seems quite straightforward to set up the area you want to record, all the options are self-explanatory. it can include audio and there are several ways of editing and adding to the recording, e.g. blur parts out, add captions, add images, discard repeat frames, etc.

final output is at it says on the tin - to an exe file. so anyone can watch it back. not something you'll use for putting on a web page but probably the perfect FREE tool for when you need to send the movie to someone.

i wonder if the output files can be converted to something youtube can show.

(i was going to post this somewhere in the old screencast threads but i thought as they are so old i'll just make a new topic.)

BillB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screen2Exe - FREE and pretty clever screen casting software
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:30 AM »
Screen2Exe is free but only allows you to make Exe's - good way to test the software editing capabilities though.  Screen2SWF can make SWF or AVI which can be converted or uploaded to the web - costs $49.  Claims very low filesize due to use of SSCV2 codec and this seems to be born out by sample video on website - just over 1Mb for a 4 minute screencast.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screen2Exe - FREE and pretty clever screen casting software
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14 PM »
I tried Screen2Exe.  Not bad, but does it have to get audio via a microphone?  I tried recording a song playing in Windows Media Player.  The created EXE showed the progress bar moving along in WMP as the song progressed, but no sound (and yes, I did remember to check the Include Audio checkbox.