ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please tallk me off the ledge... Intervention needed!

<< < (8/9) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Points noted.

It happened by her just opening the laptop and it snapping. It took *that* little tiny amount of force. That's whats puzzling.

steeladept:
I have seen that before with a couple of HP laptops we had when I was doing deskside support.  Usually they are just little voids or other manufacturing defects in the cast aluminum.  Occasionally, with enough use/abuse, they just break.  For us, it was a simple call to HP since we have the support contracts for it.  If you can find the piece, it is REALLY easy to replace.  The hard part is getting the piece and at a reasonable price.  It looks like your laptop may be an HP/Compaq?  If so, be sure you get the correct side.  Those hinges (at least on our laptops) are not interchangeable from side to side.

Also, another note on image shack - proxies.  Our proxy blocks the site even if I wanted to allow access to it...not that I would ever look at this site during work hours, No, not that.... :D :o

Darwin:
Brandon - I've replaced the hinges on my Compaq notebook cheaply through eBay... and it was eight years old at the time. Search for your model name and number and see how you get on...

wreckedcarzz:
Yea, its a Compaq NC6000 Business Laptop... I'll eBay it and see what comes up. Might get lucky. The warranty ran out so if I have to take it down to the local repair shop its all out of (my dad's) pocket... trying to avoid that.

Darwin:
Yea, its a Compaq NC6000 Business Laptop... I'll eBay it and see what comes up. Might get lucky. The warranty ran out so if I have to take it down to the local repair shop its all out of (my dad's) pocket... trying to avoid that.
-wreckedcarzz (February 15, 2009, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shouldn’t be necessary - I’ve had mine completely disassembled and put it back together myself with no ill effect. Try to find a downloadable (pdf) copy of the service manual (DON'T pay someone for it - Compaq/HP provide them free of charge, you just have  to FIND it - I suggest checking out the notebook review forums. Someone there can probably send you a pdf version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version