ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why Computers Can't Kill Post-Its - MIT research

<< < (2/5) > >>

app103:
The recipient may not always like it too much, but it works for me  :).
-SKesselman (February 05, 2009, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

They don't always like when you slap the virtual ones on their desktop over the LAN either (especially when it has an alarm attached to it and starts beeping at them).  :D

The only things that keep me from upgrading to the latest version of the application is that they took all that good stuff out in the latest one. No more ability to send notes to others that run the same post-it app, by sending over LAN, email, MSN...and newest doesn't integrate into MS Office like the old one does. No more ability to stick the little notes to Word & Excel files.  :(

cranioscopical:
these are some reasons I use post-its, but there are more.-SKesselman (February 05, 2009, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just about the only thing I can be sure of looking at/into when I'm out and about is my wallet.  Fortunately for me, it's of the exact size to accommodate a P-I note stuck to the top edge of whatever piece of plastic resides in the top slot. Saves me when I've left my PDA at home.

Grorgy:
I've been using listit for a couple of weeks now, sits down in the status bar out of the way and is great for those urls you want to look at later and stuff like that.  It also has a facility to sync with their server and back to another computer you have, which is good, tho it isnt automated at this stage as far as i can tell, but it does work ok if you remember to ask it to do it.

SKesselman:
App103, funny they took so many features away-makes no sense. Oh well, you're saving money  :).

Slightly off topic: I won't upgrade my program either, because I bought it for $20 & although they charge $30 for the new version, they want $20 to upgrade. That would leave me paying $40 for a program they sell for $30 new. Sounds more like a lease than a purchase to me. No, thanks.

Chris, just curious...What kind of PDA do you use, and how do you input your tasks?
The last time I was productive using a PDA task list was when I used Agendus.
But, I cannot get their Windows Mobile version to work on (or rather, not CRASH) my device.

PhilB66:
Has anyone tried StickySorter? Free from Microsoft's Office Labs.

More info @ StickySorter: A Tool for Organizing Information

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version