ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Hound: a grep-alike that searches inside PDFs

<< < (5/8) > >>

sajman99:
Fidel, I have a question about File Hound's registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jtf\Hound3 which evidently sets the "Associate with Folders" context menu entry...

Is there a way to use a config file (.ini) or some other way (I have no idea :-[) to implement that value so File Hound can be 100% portable? If so, I could put File Hound on a flash drive and use it on my friend's computer without touching the registry.

Just curious about this portability issue--regardless I will continue to use File Hound. :)

fiddyschmitt:
Fidel, I have a question about File Hound's registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jtf\Hound3 which evidently sets the "Associate with Folders" context menu entry...

Is there a way to use a config file (.ini) or some other way (I have no idea :-[) to implement that value so File Hound can be 100% portable? If so, I could put File Hound on a flash drive and use it on my friend's computer without touching the registry.

Just curious about this portability issue--regardless I will continue to use File Hound. :)

-sajman99 (November 16, 2009, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Saj :) That's definitely do-able. I'm a big fan of portable software myself - so expect the change to happen soon. I'll make it an ini file so it's nice and easy to maintain.

cemole:
My two cents... How about a "Browse" function for the folder(s) that one can search rather than having to type the correct path?

fiddyschmitt:
My two cents... How about a "Browse" function for the folder(s) that one can search rather than having to type the correct path?
-cemole (November 17, 2009, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
yep - good idea. I'll add that too. Keep in mind you can right-click any folder and press "Hound 3"

mouser:
you can right-click any folder and press "Hound 3"
--- End quote ---
i think this gets to what someone said about registry.. i think having an option to put it on context menu is wonderful, but it should be an option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version