topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DVD Ripper 50% off  (Read 6614 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DVD Ripper 50% off
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:31 AM »
Many programs will offer to rip a CD or to burn a DVD, but only a few will offer to rip a DVD.
Software Deal of the Day's deal TODAY, Thursday 5'th of February, is Extra DVD Ripper Express.

Normal price $38, today and today only: $19.
Discount code: EXTR-1JK9

http://www.software-dod.com/
http://www.dvdcopyri...-ripper-express.html

Extra DVD Ripper Express is a versatile DVD ripper application, it is extremely easy to use, and it will help you to convert DVD movies into almost every format including AVI, MPEG, iPod(MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC), iPhone(MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC), FLV, Sony PSP, Sony PS3, BlackBerry(3GP, AVI, WMV, MP4, MP3, AAC, M4A, WMV), Zune(WMV, MP4, MP3, AAC), WMV, Pocket PC(WMV, AVI, FLV, MP4, 3GP), RM, RMVB, Mobile 3GP, Apple TV, Archos Player, Creative Zen Player, Disney Mix Max Player, xBox360, HP iPAQ Series, Audio(MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV) and many other formats with no quality loss.

1. Rips DVD movies to AVI with latest DivX CODEC.
2. Rips DVD movies to VCD, SVCD, MPEG .
3. Rips DVD moves to Mobile 3GP.
4. Rips DVD movies to RealPlayer RM, RMVB
5. Rips DVD movies to Audio MP3, AAC, WM4, WAV
6. Rips DVD movies to Apple iPod MPEG4, H.264, MP3 Audio, AAC Audio.
7. Rips DVD movies to Apple iPhone MPEG4, H.264, MP3 Audio, AAC Audio .
8. Rips DVD movies to small size Flash FLV Video file for online distribution.
9. Rips DVD movies to Sony PSP(MPEG4, H.264), Sony PS3(MPEG4, FLV, MPEG2)
10.Rips DVD movies to BlackBerry 3GP, AVI, WMV, MP4, MP3, AAC, WMV, M4A.
11.Rips DVD movies to Windows Media Video 8, Windows Media Video 9.
12.Rips DVD moves to Microsoft Zune Player WMV, MP4, MP3, AAC.
13.Rips DVD moves to Pocket PC WMV, AVI, FLV MP4 3GP.
14.Rips DVD movies to Apple TV, Archos Players, Creative Zen Player, Disney Mix Max Player, xBox360, HP iPAQ Series.
http://www.software-dod.com/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:35 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DVD Ripper 50% off
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:52 AM »
However, I don't think I will take the offer myself. Yes, this program is very versatile, but the options points in the direction of Rip_To > Medium_or_Low_Quality only. As an example, if you want to rip a music video to mp3, the settings don't go any higher than 160 kbps! If on the other hand you would like to rip to iPod, iTunes, PSP, etcetera, (of which I have none), this program just might be perfect for you.

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:25 AM »
However, I don't think I will take the offer myself. Yes, this program is very versatile, but the options points in the direction of Rip_To > Medium_or_Low_Quality only. As an example, if you want to rip a music video to mp3, the settings don't go any higher than 160 kbps! If on the other hand you would like to rip to iPod, iTunes, PSP, etcetera, (of which I have none), this program just might be perfect for you.

Thank you Curt. There was very helpful information that I'm not certain I would have caught in my normal cursory look at the application.

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:50 AM »
- yes, I also needed to read it twice, to believe it...  :P

:up:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:57 PM »
A free alternative would be Bitripper available at this link:

http://bitripper.com/

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 04:37 AM »
- thanks for telling, 40hz   :up:

However, I think bitripper might be sort of misnamed...
- could better just be named "DVD to AVI".

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:47 AM »
To archive DVDs for playback from a file the best option I know (and totally free) is:
* use DVD HD Decrypter to copy the whole DVD - or just the main title to your pc
* use Handbrake and one of the presets to encode it to your format of choice, for example xbox360 for great mp4 quality (about 1.4GB per DVD).

No expert knowledge required. If you want me to writeup proper with screenshots let me know.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 02:45 PM »
Thanks for the guidance, justice   :up:

My primarily reason for testing DVD Ripper was a need for some RipDVD2MP3 program. Not too many are offering this feature, but worse: none (that I know of) are doing it properly! If the authors would do what is needed, these programs could very well rip a soundtrack to properly named and tagged MP3s. But they don't. All I can get, is either one big audio file or, at best, a number of  untagged, sequentially named files, without any useful informations in names or tags.

Another problem is the one I mentioned before, they don't offer any higher resolution than 160 kbps. This may be okay for the background sound from a movie, but I don't feel it can be enough for musicals, etcetera.

Or is it simply some limitation in the DVD media itself, that I don't know of?
Are DVDs limited to 160 kbps audio? I can hardly imagine it should be so!
 :tellme: