ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Department of Defense launches open source site Forge.mil

<< < (4/5) > >>

Ehtyar:
Is this thing actually going to be online anytime soon? How long does it take to setup some load balanced Apaches? :P

**Ehtyar ducks objects thrown by Joshua.

Ehtyar.

40hz:
Is this thing actually going to be online anytime soon? How long does it take to setup some load balanced Apaches? :P

**Ehtyar ducks objects thrown by Joshua.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (February 06, 2009, 01:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

A couple of hours for complete setup, and a full day to adequately test.  But that's assuming they're using Apache.  :P

Here's examples of how in to do it in Debian or Ubuntu in case you're wondering:

http://www.howtoforge.com/high_availability_loadbalanced_apache_cluster

http://www.howtoforge.com/set-up-a-loadbalanced-ha-apache-cluster-ubuntu8.04

8) ( I'd recommend they go with OpenBSD for the backend, however.) 8)

40hz:
Just look at who has 'real' nuclear weapons these days. North Korea? They can't even keep their population fed and housed, but somehow they've managed to gather the necessary resources to build a nuclear warhead - or three.-40hz (February 06, 2009, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a lot easier to keep your population in check if they aren't well-fed... if their everyday is a struggle to survive, they aren't going to have much energy to launch a rebellion.
-f0dder (February 06, 2009, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dunno. I'm from a place where the population is pretty well-fed, and mostly doesn't face an everyday struggle to survive.

And oddly enough, this population doesn't seem to have much energy to launch a rebellion either. :P ;D

cranioscopical:
How long does it take to setup some load balanced Apaches
-Ehtyar (February 06, 2009, 01:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Depends on the degree of Custermization!  :o

Ehtyar:
Oh ffs I wasn't being serious...

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page