ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Searching through page content in Firefox Bookmarks

(1/2) > >>

justice:
Title says it all really, I've got a few hundred bookmarks now. More often than not I want to find something on a page I bookmarked, but the bookmarking mechanism in Firefox - as opposed to Opera - only allows you to search through url and title (and tags).

What's the best way to search through actual page content? I hope someone's made an extension that indexes bookmarks page content periodically in the background that I can search through.

Cus, I'm not looking forward to copy and pasting a few hundred webpages into something like evernote and manually checking if the information is updated every sunday :P

Any ideas, tips, flames etc (except for putting a donk on it)?

justice:
After thinknig about it again I guess i want the information to be accessible even when the page might disappear - so starting up Evernote. When clipping with Evernote it saves the url so I can go online and check for updated information.

sri:
https://www.iterasi.net/Home.aspx is made just for you justice :)

tinjaw:
I think a good solution would be to use WebSite-Watcher. WebSite-Watcher caches the pages you are watching locally. You could then include those pages in the index of your prefered search tool.

justice:
o yeah Iterasi imports firefox and delicious bookmarks  :greenclp:
tinjaw clever idea! Should look into that too.

edit: wow this is the sweetest thing i've seen in a long time!
Searching through  page content in Firefox Bookmarks
Searching through  page content in Firefox Bookmarks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version