ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Program to show us a dialog with who program will open a file(association)

(1/3) > >>

divsoft:
A tool that will show us a dialog with the programs that an associated file can be opened.

For example :
i have on my desktop a movie called movie1.mpg and when i go to open it with double-click, a dialog or a small window appears with the associated programs that are in the computer
and can open the movie.. (like media player classic, kmplayer etc) ..

rjbull:
Not sure it's what you want, but have you looked at FileTypesManager, freeware by by Nir Sofer?

FileTypesMan is an alternative to the 'File Types' tab in the 'Folder Options' of Windows. It displays the list of all file extensions and types registered on your computer. For each file type, the following information is displayed: Type Name, Description, MIME Type, Perceived Type, Flags, Browser Flags, and more.
FileTypesMan also allows you to easily edit the properties and flags of each file type, as well as it allows you to add, edit, and remove actions in a file type.

--- End quote ---

tomos:
this has definitely come up here before -
here
"Open With" alternative for Windows

divsoft:
i mean a program that for example any time i open an mpeg file, a dialog will be opened with the associated programs that opens it .. and u choose whatever u want to play the file.

tomos:
i mean a program that for example any time i open an mpeg file, a dialog will be opened with the associated programs that opens it .. and u choose whatever u want to play the file.
-divsoft (February 01, 2009, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know ...
I could have been more specific but it's there in that thread:-
Lanux's post send's you here
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8455.msg60809#msg60809

is an example there at that link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version