ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (30/192) > >>

dk70:
Split Browser http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_splitbrowser.html.en has not been mentioned. Works very well and I think the only useful one of this kind.

Lashiec:
Not at all, Curt. Theoretically, the extension also works on Firefox 2, after messing a bit with the XPI file, but in my installation it makes Firefox go nuts! Go figure. I'll try again when I assemble the new computer.

Curt:
... Theoretically, the extension also works on Firefox 2, after messing a bit with the XPI file, but in my installation it makes Firefox go nuts! ...-Lashiec (March 12, 2007, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll expect it to be your special setup, because it works without any problems at my PC with Firefox 2.0.0.2 - and without any "messing with the XPI file". Another thing is that the author could easily make this extension a lot more user-friendly. I mean: why do I have to learn to write a XML file in order to simply add more links? Not well figured out...

Curt:
Zotero is an amazing new bibliographic reference manager.
-rkrause (October 07, 2006, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had Zotero but got annoyed by the HUGHE icon taking up far too much valuable space.

Dan Cohen:
I had Zotero but got annoyed by the HUGHE icon taking up far too much valuable space.
-Curt (March 12, 2007, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
You can change the Zotero icon in the status bar into a much less conspicuous "z" or make it disappear altogether in the Zotero preferences (under the gear icon).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version