topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful  (Read 764087 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful
« Reply #950 on: November 26, 2018, 08:25 AM »
@Curt: Thanks, yes. I think I understand what you say there, but the control over the ongoing availability of the defined extensions is arguably the crux of the matter.
I mean, for example, what if the extension you want (as listed by Share Extension or Extension List Dumper) is no longer available in the store? - like BadAdJohnny, for example.
I would surmise in that case that BAJ was probably excommunicated ostensibly (at least) for its links with a VPN, but that doesn't alter the fact that it was/is a pretty devastatingly good adblocker, and it doesn't consume gigabytes of RAM either - so it's pretty efficient. Yet it is no longer available in the store, even though it works perfectly fine. However, only a minority who have the technical know-how to access and use a non-store copy of the BAJ installer are going to be able to take advantage of using it.
This would seem to be simply a form of effective censorship by a proprietary gate-keeper who disallows the continued availability of BAJ for the majority - via the "authorised" store - for unstated/specious reasons, and not because BAJ is "no good" either, but probably because it is apparently too good at what it does and could adversely affect incremental advertising revenues for the gatekeeper, or something.
Transparency so opaque you can't see a thing...

JohnWa321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #951 on: December 02, 2018, 08:00 PM »
most of these FF extensions will not work in 2018

JohnWa321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #952 on: December 02, 2018, 08:05 PM »
does anyone know of a replacement for "Download Them All" in FF?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #953 on: December 02, 2018, 10:00 PM »
does anyone know of a replacement for "Download Them All" in FF?

Download Portable Firefox ESR 52.9.0 and continue to use DownTheMall ?

This is exactly what I currently use when I need to use DTA because there are no replacements for DTA on the current version of any browser.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:06 PM by 4wd »

Akertyna

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #954 on: April 13, 2019, 02:12 AM »
This is an extension I found on Firefox's store, its name is FB2Mate. Honestly, it may not be the best thing you can find on the internet, but I really don't use many social networks other than Facebook and Twiiter, so the simplicity of this gadget makes me want to share with everybody.

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #955 on: September 19, 2020, 07:00 AM »
Cloud Firewall is a browser extension/addon that allows users to block connections to sites, pages and web resources (images, videos, etc) hosted in major cloud services if the user wishes to do so. Supports blocking Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft and Cloudflare:
https://notabug.org/nipos/cloud-firewall
https://addons.mozil...ddon/cloud-firewall/

GenevaLove

• Participant
  • Joined in 2022
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #956 on: May 28, 2022, 05:03 AM »
I don't know what it is, but it seems every time I try vanilla FF x64 it's one. So I ended up using PM as my FF install so it's safe to use here.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #957 on: September 10, 2022, 05:31 AM »
LibRedirect - A web extension that redirects YouTube, Twitter, Instagram... requests to alternative privacy friendly frontends and backends.

Also works on Firefox for Android, (Firefox Nightly tested).

Screenshot_20220910-112832-01.jpegFirefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful Screenshot_20220910-113250-01.jpegFirefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

Also available for Chrome based browsers.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #958 on: September 10, 2022, 03:39 PM »
LibRedirect - A web extension that redirects YouTube, Twitter, Instagram... requests to alternative privacy friendly frontends and backends.

As someone who has a Twitter account, but still usually wants to view/follow accounts/tweets without having to be logged in, I really like Nitter as an alternative! :up: