ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (176/192) > >>

IainB:
Bookmarklets as viable alternative to extensions?
Perhaps this list of bookmarklets can get us motivated to clean up our growing list of power hungry extensions:
http://www.howtogeek.com/125846/the-most-useful-bookmarklets-to-enhance-your-browsing-experience/
-dantheman (May 18, 2016, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. Nifty collection.

IainB:
@Curt: Thanks for the Dump List of add-ons.
I see several have been made incompatible by Firefox signing rules.
That is one of the things that is driving me away from Firefox.

IainB:
Download Firefox add-ons link: Interclue :: Add-ons for Firefox
I searched and saw that Interclue had been mentioned in various parts of DCF (including this thread, I think), but thought I should mention it again.

I installed Interclue after reading the comments on the Add-ons page which seem to suggest that it is "broken". However it has an up-to-date signature and, after installing it, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it seems to work fine so far, though I haven't tested all of its functionality.
I seem to recall using something similar some time back that gave a "look-ahead" for any link and I dumped it because it was invasive and didn't give the user much control over what was to be viewed.
However Interclue has a really detailed set of options and is fully controllable and not invasive, furthermore, it does a lot more than just "look-ahead".

Well worth a look-see IMHO. Could be a potential RAM, CPU and bandwidth resource hog though - but these behaviours too can be constrained via the options.

dantheman:
Any way to add a right-click menu on selected text to add to Google Keep?

Recent Google Keep extension for Chrome is just a wonderful addition:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-keep-chrome-extens/lpcaedmchfhocbbapmcbpinfpgnhiddi

Can probably do something like that by adding it to Evernote (now that they work hand in hand with Google Drive) ?

Would be good thing when working in Linux.

MilesAhead:
Any way to add a right-click menu on selected text to add to Google Keep?

Recent Google Keep extension for Chrome is just a wonderful addition:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-keep-chrome-extens/lpcaedmchfhocbbapmcbpinfpgnhiddi

Can probably do something like that by adding it to Evernote (now that they work hand in hand with Google Drive) ?

Would be good thing when working in Linux.
-dantheman (June 07, 2016, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is the first I heard of Keep.  It looks like it could be cool.  I am reluctant to do any syncing because I have had so much hassle with duped bookmarks etc..  For some reason when they set up these syncing mechanisms they don't want to make it easy for you to upload/download with overwrite like XMarks.  I don't want to experiment with Keep and hose my bookmarks yet again.  (Although I do have RollbackRX and could probably roll back to sane bookmarks but it is the principle of the thing.)  :)

Have you tried AlternativeTo site?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version