ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (164/192) > >>

Curt:
I've tried Lazarus a couple of times (not updated since August 2011 + homepage unresponsive), but always went back to Textarea Cache because it's so simple to use, and consistent on all pages. I quite often start typing and then leave the page, planning to come back later - as an example I began this post a couple of hours ago, but went to watch a show, before finishing the post. So it's not enough for me to be protected against accidents, (my setup almost never crashes), I must have an incremental backup, which is exactly what Textarea Cache is offering can offer if you do the settings accordingly.

-----------------------

On another topic: A List of Stable, Non-Conflicting and Essential addons by ChessWriter: addons.mozilla.../ChessWriter  :up: -Curt (March 01, 2016, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
- a list of 683 addons...-tomos (March 01, 2016, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

-but only a list; there is no button to get them all in one swoop.

I didn't stop to think about the "683", but was plain excited to see that the first 3 pages included a lot of the addons I already was using. So it must be a good list...

-------------

What do you do, when you suddenly have a new addon installed, but you or Mozilla have never heard about it before?  :o

browser wizard free 5.8.0

I  have no idea what it is or where it came from - and there are no informations whatsoever. More than four addons have been updated since , so I don't know when exactly it was installed. So far, nothing weird has happened. I will not yet remove it, I want to first figure who brought it here.
 :tellme:

panzer:
Clean Uninstall:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clean-uninstall/

MilesAhead:
always went back to Textarea Cache because it's so simple to use, and consistent on all page
-Curt (March 01, 2016, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I put the button in the Statusbar.  Seemed ok.  Now I bring it up, no button in StatusBar, there is a warning in the AddOns Manager about "could not be verified with FF proceed with caution."  I put the button back in the StatusBar.  Voila.  Now I have 2 buttons.

IainB:
...Hmm, I put the button in the Statusbar.  Seemed ok.  Now I bring it up, no button in StatusBar, there is a warning in the AddOns Manager about "could not be verified with FF proceed with caution."  I put the button back in the StatusBar.  Voila.  Now I have 2 buttons.
-MilesAhead (March 02, 2016, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
We can all call you "Two-button Miles" from now on then.    ;)

MilesAhead:
...Hmm, I put the button in the Statusbar.  Seemed ok.  Now I bring it up, no button in StatusBar, there is a warning in the AddOns Manager about "could not be verified with FF proceed with caution."  I put the button back in the StatusBar.  Voila.  Now I have 2 buttons.
-MilesAhead (March 02, 2016, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
We can all call you "Two-button Miles" from now on then.    ;)
-IainB (March 03, 2016, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, while replying I tried to do control-z and stuff got totally deleted.  I opened the window using the button and none of the options did anything.  I may have to,er, bring Lazarus back from the dead.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version