ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (153/192) > >>

4wd:
huh, it seems onetab won't work for me no way no how (FF40.0.2 portable).-Target (August 24, 2015, 01:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't show up in Pale Moon either but it does in Cyberfox Portable 40.0.2.

IainB:
^^ You may need this...
Fix for installing unsigned add-ons in Firefox Dev and Nightly - gHacks Tech News
...To fix the issue, do the following (please note once again that this will work in all versions of Firefox until Firefox 42 is released. When that release hits, only Dev and Nightly versions support the switch).

Load about:config in Firefox's address bar and hit enter.
    Confirm you will be careful if a warning message is displayed.
    Search for xpinstall.signatures.required.
    Double-click on the preference name so that its value is set to false.

You may install unsigned extensions again in Firefox once you have set the preference to false, a restart of the browser is not necessary. ...

--- End quote ---

Curt:
Fix for installing unsigned add-ons in Firefox Dev and Nightly - gHacks Tech News-IainB (August 24, 2015, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

wrong link, IainB

------------------

Allow me once again to recommend Nightly Tester Tools https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/
It can do a lot more than I'll ever need, but I only use it for allowing me to have whatever extension I want to, signed or not.

IainB:
Fix for installing unsigned add-ons in Firefox Dev and Nightly - gHacks Tech News-IainB (August 24, 2015, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
wrong link, IainB
------------------
Allow me once again to recommend Nightly Tester Tools https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/
It can do a lot more than I'll ever need, but I only use it for allowing me to have whatever extension I want to, signed or not.
-Curt (August 24, 2015, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. Hyperlink is fixed, now.

Target:
ok, I already had that setting in config, and I installed the tester tools app - net result was nil

seems like that addin might be a bit flakey (then again, FF might be being over zealous)

given the increasingly unstable nature of firefox it's looking like I'm going to have to change browsers.  trouble is, FF is the only one that seems to match some significant parts of my work flow  :mad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version