ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (122/192) > >>

Curt:
QClean stopped having any effect whatsoever,
so I was pleased to discover that facebook-cleaner version 2
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/facebook-cleaner)
is working very well.
 :up:

IainB:
I've just downloaded and installed Privacy Badger ß Add-on from the EFF.
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Privacy Badger blocks spying ads and invisible trackers. It's there to ensure that companies can't track your browsing without your consent.

This extension is designed to automatically protect your privacy from third party trackers that load invisibly when you browse the web. We send the Do Not Track header with each request, and our extension evaluates the likelihood that you are still being tracked. If the algorithm deems the likelihood is too high, we automatically block your request from being sent to the domain. Please understand that Privacy Badger is in beta, and the algorithm's determination is not conclusive that the domain is tracking you.

Our extension has three states. Red means block the tracker. Yellow means that we don't send cookies or referers to the tracker. Green means unblocked (probably because the third party does not appear to be tracking you). You can click on the Privacy Badger icon in your browser's toolbar if you wish to override the automatic blocking settings. Or, you can browse in peace as Privacy Badger starts finding and eating up web trackers one by one.

Nothing can stop the Privacy Badger from eating cookies when it's hungry!

Privacy Badger is a project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

--- End quote ---

ewemoa:
Scrolling down the page leads to a link to the following image with the title "Display Advertising Technology Landscape":

http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/files/2010/09/LUMA-display-ad-map.jpg

MilesAhead:
I notice Color Toggle doesn't work in 27+ FF or latest Pale Moon.  Anyone have an alternative?

IainB:
Color Toggle
-MilesAhead (May 24, 2014, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would NoSquint :: Add-ons for Firefox be of any use to you instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version