ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (120/192) > >>

IainB:
I have been using built-in Firefox "save tabs as MHT archive file"
--- End quote ---
Is this a new thing?  I'm running FF 27.0 and can't find it anywhere.
-MilesAhead (March 15, 2014, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oops sorry, more haste less speed. I should have said that the MAFF and MHT (MIME) support is built-in to the Firefox button by the Mozilla Archive Format add-on from mozdev.org:
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Mozilla Archive Format

MAFF and MHT support for your browser, and more.

If you saved web pages using Internet Explorer and can't open them with Firefox the Mozilla Archive Format add-on is for you.

If you want to save pages reliably, using a durable and universal file format the Mozilla Archive Format add-on is for you.
(Read more at the link.)

--- End quote ---

It's very nifty and useful - for example, as well as being a useful archiving medium, and very fast to open/read in a browser, you can publish a web page saved as an MHT file from within Google Drive.
I wish the Scrapbook add-one could use it.

MilesAhead:
Thanks. I'll give it a go.  :)

Edit:  Save with Pale Moon and open with Firefox works fine. But I cannot open the file in Opera or Chrome.  But I don't use them often anyway.  :)

Edit2:  The maff format seems to work with every page I've tried except gmail inbox.  None of the links are external to internet.  When you click it's just no response.  So far that's the only dud though.  :)

Edit3:  My bad. I see the generated file has an embedded external link to the source at the top.

Curt:
news about Video DownloadHelper, but  is it good or bad news  :tellme:

This is probably the last update of Video DownloadHelper from this code base. We are working actively on Video DownloadHelper 5.x, a complete rewrite of our addon which will hold all the features you dreamed of for your video downloader.  

click to enlarge:

Stay tuned via https://twitter.com/DownloadHelper-Video DownloadHelper 4.9.22
--- End quote ---
Video DownloadHelper is business, not charity. Will version 5 be good news?
 :-\

IainB:
I find FF Sync tremendously useful.
The latest version of FF has a new-style Sync, which makes the old one obsolete. To use the new-style Sync, you have to detach from your "old-style" Sync account (if you already have one), and set up a new-style Sync account.

This is how I did it and the information sources I used.

MilesAhead:
Hmm, I meant to post this about SearchPreview in this thread.  Don't know how it got out on its own.  :)

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=37610.msg352273#msg352273

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version