ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (104/192) > >>

tomos:
I have a couple of times been using Lazarus, but never became a fan of it; too many situations when it didn't save what I wanted it to save, because there was no crash but just me closing the page and changing my mind. Now I have found a better solution for my needs:

>Textarea Cache :: Add-ons for Firefox<

Save automatically the content in Textarea.
--- End quote ---

This means that a large amount of text is saved, but there are of course also options for auto-deleting the cache.-Curt (January 10, 2013, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

NOTE! they do say:
For people who need password protect:
"Lazarus: Form Recovery" is your better choice.
--- End quote ---

I presume that means that their's is not safe with passwords (?)

IainB:
...Edit2: But no updates for almost 4 years?
-Curt (January 11, 2013, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. Still seems to work fine though. I think I was originally directed to it by a Lifehacker post. It seems to be pretty foolproof and has successfully saved my bacon and my original text in several crashes or interruptions. (Sighs of relief.)
I have also tried Lazarus, but it wasn't so foolproof in Firefox. I still use Lazarus in Chrome/Chromium though, as it seems to work OK in those, but I don't use Chrome/Chromium that much for writing or anything else.

Curt:
I presume that means that their's is not safe with passwords (?)-tomos (January 11, 2013, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't offer password protection, which suites me fine.

cyberdiva:
I have a couple of times been using Lazarus, but never became a fan of it; too many situations when it didn't save what I wanted it to save, because there was no crash but just me closing the page and changing my mind.
-Curt (January 10, 2013, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Curt, I've used Lazarus for years, and as far as I've seen, it copies EVERYTHING you write in Firefox, not just when there are crashes.  That's certainly the way it works for me.  (For example, it just copied my message here, even though all I did was post it.  And I just checked and found that it was copying this addition to my message, even though I haven't yet posted the modified message.)

Curt:
-maybe I never made the proper settings, because it didn't work for me the way you describe it, Diva. Anyway, I am pleased with TaC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version